PDA

View Full Version : Am I in over my head?

chadhill
August 27th, 2016, 04:55
I am trying to build specialty weapons in 3.5e for my Wheel of Time campaign, but there are weapons in the story that are not reflected in the 3.5e lists. I have been typing them up as a regular item but they do not translate in the weapons log on the character sheet. Is there a way to manually build a weapon?

Trenloe
August 27th, 2016, 06:21
Make sure you use a type of "Weapon" to show the weapon fields in the item. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Item_Sheet

chadhill
August 28th, 2016, 02:13
Ha! Thanks, I knew it was something simple!

chadhill
August 28th, 2016, 05:42
so is there a command to create spells too? I have looked through the wiki and can find nothing on putting custom spells into a mod. Though I have found how to customize a spell, just not how to remove it from the character sheet.

Trenloe
August 28th, 2016, 17:52
so is there a command to create spells too? I have looked through the wiki and can find nothing on putting custom spells into a mod. Though I have found how to customize a spell, just not how to remove it from the character sheet.
Nope, for 3.5e/PF these need to be created manually in the PCs or as a library module (requiring manual XML editing). There are a few example spell modules here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120187&viewfull=1#post120187

dmkevin
August 28th, 2016, 18:30
Great campaign idea.

I have read all the Wheel of Time Books a number of times and have the d20 rules (or were they 3.0 rules?) for the WOT campaign. Let me know how it goes.

chadhill
August 28th, 2016, 19:21
Thank you that is awesome, just what I was looking for

chadhill
August 28th, 2016, 19:34
Great campaign idea.

I have read all the Wheel of Time Books a number of times and have the d20 rules (or were they 3.0 rules?) for the WOT campaign. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, I have been reading them since tEoW first came out more than 20 years ago and I am still hooked on the capacity of the story. I am NOT a computer guy, so I am trudging through whatever is already there and just re defining what works. The mechanics might be a little wonky, but the stories will be EPIC.