PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Shadowrun with Savage Worlds rules?

cyphus5
August 26th, 2016, 00:18
Mainly placing feelers to see if there is interest. Hopefully, it could be happening in a few weeks. I was going to set the story in Huntsville Alabama, but it's flourished into a mega due to population growth and mergers with nearby cities. This is my hometown, and they say write what you know. I ran this game for my physical group, but life had to bring it to halt.

It'll be a mix of Interface Zero and homebrew, mostly to squeeze the metatypes, adjusted matrix rules, and magic. Looking to run the game probably on Sunday nights around 8:30 CST (GMT -6:00). Anyone interested?

EDIT: Because of interest, I went ahead and create a game calendar page for the campaign. Feel free to go there and sign up. I will send out PMs if/when this happens.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2155

NickOhu
August 26th, 2016, 01:59
I would be incredibly interested in this. I also have a few friends who would love to play a Shadowrun or a Savage Worlds game.

cyphus5
August 26th, 2016, 04:15
I would be incredibly interested in this. I also have a few friends who would love to play a Shadowrun or a Savage Worlds game.

Awesome. I'll keep you updated as it progresses. Pretty much every archetype has been converted, except Technomancers.

The biggest changes from SW is the matrix rules, which had to be adjusted immensely from IZ at least IMO. That said, I'm trying to stick to the SW creed of "Fast, Furious, Fun".

Dorian
August 26th, 2016, 12:41
I am interested. I would normally be able to play if it is 8:30 pm you are talking about. :)
Is this weekly, bi weekly etc? I would not be able to make it every week.
I would also have to sit around the table with my girlfriend to make out I can run games myself, play this game and be an effective household man and a plus dad. :)

cyphus5
August 26th, 2016, 22:44
Is this weekly, bi weekly etc? I would not be able to make it every week.
I would also have to sit around the table with my girlfriend to make out I can run games myself, play this game and be an effective household man and a plus dad. :)

If this happens, it'll be sorta bi-weekly. I work rotating swing shifts, so I'll be off and free to run for four weeks in a row. However, those weeks are followed by four weeks that I'm working on Sundays. I work twelve hours, rotating shift so playing when is hard to do.

Dorian
August 28th, 2016, 09:33
I discussed this and sunday, in this play time format, is not gonna work for me. :)
For me personally, saturday's are better. I understand if sunday would be your ideal day. :)

cyphus5
August 31st, 2016, 05:07
I discussed this and sunday, in this play time format, is not gonna work for me. :)
For me personally, saturday's are better. I understand if sunday would be your ideal day. :)

Yeah, unfortunately a couple of my definite players are not available that day. If that changes though it's a possibility I'm sure.

Dorian
August 31st, 2016, 10:44
PM me when said changes occur; plz. :)

Fatherdeath
August 31st, 2016, 14:36
Sorry I dont know anything about shadowrun or savage worlds

dakkonwastes
August 31st, 2016, 14:58
Sorry I dont know anything about shadowrun or savage worlds

I don't understand your comment. Are you interested in knowing more about shadowrun/savage worlds? You just wanted to randomly post your disinterest?
<---confused

Fatherdeath
August 31st, 2016, 15:17
Sorry...
I have heard quite a few people refer to savage worlds and post alot of games about them but I have no clue about the ruleset because there are SO many different platforms played on it that it seems confusing...
and I have glanced at shadowrun over 20 years ago but never played so I really dont understand there ruleset either...
Both seem like they could be fun to play but I wouldnt want to hold up a group either...

dakkonwastes
August 31st, 2016, 17:47
as to savage worlds you see all kinds of systems because its designed at its base as a generic system. from its own description "Savage Worlds is a generic role-playing game and miniatures wargame written by Shane Lacy Hensley and published by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. The game emphasizes speed of play and reduced preparation over realism or detail."

Its a relatively easy system to learn, and most dms have zero problems helping people learn new systems. Since the game would be run with savage worlds understanding shadowrun's mechanics is totally unnecessary. A bit of background can be helpful, alternatively you can be recently "rescued" wageslave of some variety so your player ignorance of the world would accurately reflect through your character and you could both experience the world.. If you want to play, no better time than now to give it a shot honestly. You've been looking for 20 years you said, and you posted here.

cyphus5
September 2nd, 2016, 00:37
Sorry...
I have heard quite a few people refer to savage worlds and post alot of games about them but I have no clue about the ruleset because there are SO many different platforms played on it that it seems confusing...
and I have glanced at shadowrun over 20 years ago but never played so I really dont understand there ruleset either...
Both seem like they could be fun to play but I wouldnt want to hold up a group either...

Dakkonwastes summed it up pretty good, regarding the intention of design for SW. Mechanically, you won't need to understand anything about the system of Shadowrun.

As for the setting of Shadowrun, a little Google-Fu will help probably more than I can. To sum up though, magic, elves, and orks and **** in a dystopian, corporate future with cyberpunk elements.