PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Damage not properly Disabling Regeneration: Curse of Strahd typo.

Tabarkus
August 25th, 2016, 04:17
My group noticed today while running in the Curse of Strahd that their opponent, Vladimir Horngaard, was regenerating every round even after having taken radiant damage within that round. After comparing and contrasting the Regeneration ability "text" with a generic vampire from the Monster Manual. I'm fairly certain that the correction needed to be made is to change the use of the pronoun "his" to the proper name "Vladimir's" in the following sentence:

NOTICE: AFTER FURTHER TESTING THIS IS A FALSE "FIX"!

"If Vladimir takes fire or radiant damage, this trait doesn't function at the start of his next turn."

I changed the text to:

"If Vladimir takes fire or radiant damage, this trait doesn't function at the start of Vladimir's next turn."

I had noticed this improper disabling of regeneration on another NPC at one time but can't remember who or in what adventure. Hopefully this is the solution for anytime this issue arises.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2016, 08:39
This is working for me.

I have set up Bob a PC with a club that does radiant damage. It's Bob's turn and he does 3 points of damage you young Vlad. Bob ends his turn and it's Vlad's go. He doesn't regenerate the damage Bob just did. He misses Bob and ends his turn. Back to bob he misses and this time when the turn comes around to Vlad his regeneration kicks in and he heals the damage. So what else can I do to reproduce your problem?
When you place the vampire on the CT does it say REGEN:10 fire, radiant?

EDIT: See also this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports&p=286273&viewfull=1#post286273) and can you give me the same information please