PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm just daft but...

Crusader
August 31st, 2005, 20:49
...well, I'm having some trouble here:

You can use any sheet link icon to create a shortcut on an image. To do this, select "Enable Shortcuts" from the image radial menu, and drag links onto the image. The pins indicating the shortcuts will be invisible when not in this mode. You can temporarily access the shortcut mode by keeping the control key pressed.

I can't seem to find the "Enable Shortcuts"-option. :?:

Snikle
August 31st, 2005, 21:16
Right click on a map, go to the layers sub-menu, there should be an icon for the Enable Shortcuts.

Crusader
September 1st, 2005, 05:38
Now I'm utterly confused - I've got Navigator, Enable Mask and Set Grid, but no Enable Shortcuts. What the...

Goblin-King
September 1st, 2005, 05:45
Now I'm utterly confused - I've got Navigator, Enable Mask and Set Grid, but no Enable Shortcuts. What the...

You're in the right place. First, try dropping a link on the image with the control key down. Get a pin on the map this way? Second, try rerunning the patch. We once got a report of a resource file not getting updated by a patch, and this might help if you're victim to this patcher problem.

Crusader
September 1st, 2005, 08:03
You're in the right place. First, try dropping a link on the image with the control key down. Get a pin on the map this way?

No, unfortunately not.

Second, try rerunning the patch. We once got a report of a resource file not getting updated by a patch, and this might help if you're victim to this patcher problem.

No, this didn't help either, I did this twice actually. One time with the file that I already had downloaded, and then I downloaded a new one in case the first got corrupted or whatever. Still the same thing.

This is what it looks like, I guess the new button should have appeared between the Navigator- and the Enable Mask-button, right?

https://www.arecta.se/images/screenshot5.jpg

It's not critical or anything but it would be nice to have. :wink: I could try to uninstall completely, reinstall and then apply this patch.

Goblin-King
September 1st, 2005, 09:51
Are you running a custom ruleset? If you are, you should check the altered resource files for any changes. In this case, the problem might be the image control definition. You might want to make sure you have the following inside your image control definition:

<indicators availability="indicator_sent" locked="indicator_locked" loading="indicator_loading" zoom="indicator_zoom" shortcuts="indicator_shortcuts" />
<shortcut icon="pin" hotspot="2,21" />
<drawing defaultsize="500,500" />

Of course, you can replace the image names with your own graphics if you have some.

Crusader
September 1st, 2005, 12:09
Yeah, it was my custom ruleset that was the problem alright. I tried open 'A Tale of Dinor' and there it was (plus a few other things that I hadn't seen before). A few edits later and it was all there in my own ruleset. Thanks! :D

Faldran
September 1st, 2005, 18:50
Which file would that be in?

Are you running a custom ruleset? If you are, you should check the altered resource files for any changes. In this case, the problem might be the image control definition. You might want to make sure you have the following inside your image control definition:

<indicators availability="indicator_sent" locked="indicator_locked" loading="indicator_loading" zoom="indicator_zoom" shortcuts="indicator_shortcuts" />
<shortcut icon="pin" hotspot="2,21" />
<drawing defaultsize="500,500" />

Of course, you can replace the image names with your own graphics if you have some.

Crusader
September 1st, 2005, 21:47
That would normally be in the /data/graphics.xml

Faldran
September 1st, 2005, 23:54
Could not find it there, compared orginal to the custom one, and did not see anything different than a few lines in a few othe xml's with tooltips...

Guess have to look more closely later..

Crusader
September 2nd, 2005, 05:48
No, sorry. It's me being stupid again. It's supposed to be /data/ui_adventure.xml. :oops:

Faldran
September 2nd, 2005, 09:17
I am still lost on this..

What he posted above, is no where to be found in /data/ui_adventure.xml or any of the other xml's... Kind of hard to use it as a reference, when it is not in there.

( strange how this works without it in there, but in the other one, that is exactly the same, it does not work ) Think you all just trying to confuse little ol'e me....

So, for the one it is not showing up for, that should be added to the imagewindow or newimagewindow or both data sets, for the custom rule set?

There are several other image, and draw ones, none of them need anything else?

Is there any other new tags, that should be included that are not?

Goblin-King
September 2nd, 2005, 10:02
What he posted above, is no where to be found in /data/ui_adventure.xml or any of the other xml's... Kind of hard to use it as a reference, when it is not in there.

The resources files for the default ruleset are not updated automatically between patches. Check out the following thread for information on how to do this:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=155

You might be looking at an old version of the resource file if you haven't extracted the latest ones.

So, for the one it is not showing up for, that should be added to the imagewindow or newimagewindow or both data sets, for the custom rule set?

The newimagewindow class can be done away with with this patch. You do need to update the references that use it if you delete it, they can be found in the image list windowclass (in the same file) and the desktop shortcut (in /rulesets/d20/d20_desktop.xml by default).

Is there any other new tags, that should be included that are not?

Check the data/graphics.xml file for changes as well.