PDA

View Full Version : Global save DC bonus

Zephyros
August 23rd, 2016, 12:45
Hi all,

Why in spell group options we only have bonus field to attack and not to save dc?

How I'm suppose to add the +X from my Rod of Pact Keeper to the DC?

I need to do manually for each spell? This is a bummer.... =/

JohnD
August 23rd, 2016, 13:58
Instead of trying to low each and every DC I'd just add the bonus to my roll. Accomplishes the same thing doesn't it?

jshauber
August 23rd, 2016, 14:05
Couldn't you create an effect to modify the die roll? Not near FG right now to look up exactly how to do it, but I do know you can use the SAVE: X or -X effect.

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 14:20
Version 3.2 includes a box where you can adjust the spell save DC for just this kind of thing. No date when it will be released but all your troubles will be over then. There is no easy way to achieve this meantime, other than changing all of the DCs for each spell. Alternatively you could put a modifier into the modifier box with a -1 just before they NPC makes the roll. However this won't help with group rolls since only the first dice roll is affected.

Gwydion
August 23rd, 2016, 15:02
Possible workaround thought. Create a power for your rod on your character. Add an effect that reads "SAVE: -2" (or whatever the modifier is). Leave the duration blank. Targeting = Targets and Expend? = on next roll. Before you cast your spell, drag the effect onto the monster you are targeting and it will reduce their save by 2 for the next roll only? When I apply the effect and then hit the action button next to my spell save, it appropriately reduced the save roll for the next roll only. Maybe more work than you want, but at least an option.

Gwydion
August 23rd, 2016, 15:05
To the point Zaccaheus makes about the modifier, at least the "effect" way I'm describing would allow you to handle it for a group roll.

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 15:30
Possible workaround thought. Create a power for your rod on your character. Add an effect that reads "SAVE: -2" (or whatever the modifier is). Leave the duration blank. Targeting = Targets and Expend? = on next roll. Before you cast your spell, drag the effect onto the monster you are targeting and it will reduce their save by 2 for the next roll only? When I apply the effect and then hit the action button next to my spell save, it appropriately reduced the save roll for the next roll only. Maybe more work than you want, but at least an option.

To the point Zaccaheus makes about the modifier, at least the "effect" way I'm describing would allow you to handle it for a group roll.

Indeed, this also works. There's no need to drag though; if you have the creature(s) targeted then simply click on the effect button and it will apply it to them.

Gwydion
August 23rd, 2016, 15:41
Ah.. That's right! Excellent point.

rob2e
August 23rd, 2016, 17:27
To accomplish a proficiency bonus of +1 (for zero level PCs) which FG does not allow you to adjust (YET?!), I made an effect for the players - Proficiency 1; ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1

To accomplish the DC adjustment for spell saves for monsters, I just have the player put a +1 modifier before casting (plus NOT minus). I found this was the easiest/quickest way to give the player a -1 on their DC (by giving the monster a +1 on its save).

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 17:31
To accomplish a proficiency bonus of +1 (for zero level PCs) which FG does not allow you to adjust (YET?!), I made an effect for the players - Proficiency 1; ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1.

Is there anything in the game which reduces or increases proficiency bonus?

rob2e
August 23rd, 2016, 17:38
Is there anything in the game which reduces or increases proficiency bonus?

Yes, my starting characters at level zero (in my homebrew Unknown Whom) with only attributes, HP based on size, background, and race. No class, no Hit Dice, and a proficiency of only +1.

So nothing in the PHB, just in my maniacal head.

Zephyros
August 23rd, 2016, 17:58
Tks for the replies, I edited manually each spell for now...

About the proficiency thing... do we have a option for Proficiency Die Variant Rule? That would be amazing....

rob2e
August 23rd, 2016, 18:13
About the proficiency thing... do we have a option for Proficiency Die Variant Rule? That would be amazing....

The proficiency die is something I made up. FG does not allow you to change the die # YET!

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 20:03
Tks for the replies, I edited manually each spell for now...

You could simulate this to some extent by using an effect. For example for attacks you could use ATK:[-PRF];ATK:1d4. This will remove whatever proficiency bonus the characters has and replace it with a d4. You would need to do this for ability checks and saving throws (CHECK:[-PRF];CHECK:1d4;SAVE:[-PRF];SAVE:1d4])

rob2e
August 23rd, 2016, 20:06
If you wanted to make proficiency +1 instead of +2, would this work?

CHECK: [PRF]-1

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 20:22
No, the PRF is simply a variable that holds the current value of the characters proficiency. You can see this when you put the effect on the character; for example if the character's bonus is +2 and you have an effect CHECK:[-PRF], when you put that effect on the character you will see the CT says CHECK: -2. You can also use HPRF which will add or subtract half the proficiency bonus. So for what you want it would be CHECK:[-HPRF]

rob2e
August 23rd, 2016, 21:11
No, the PRF is simply a variable that holds the current value of the characters proficiency. You can see this when you put the effect on the character; for example if the character's bonus is +2 and you have an effect CHECK:[-PRF], when you put that effect on the character you will see the CT says CHECK: -2. You can also use HPRF which will add or subtract half the proficiency bonus. So for what you want it would be CHECK:[-HPRF]

Ah. Great!