PDA

View Full Version : New here and jumping in: LFP for Curse of Strahd

jessemoyer
August 21st, 2016, 05:26
Well met,
I have been lurking for awhile and decided to take the leap. I am interested in running 5th Ed. Curse of Strahd module. I am currently DM'n this campaign for my face-to-face group and I am excited to see how the story will evolve with different players. I am brand new to using FG, so hopefully I can attract some players that can foster a great experience.

English text based
DM has Ultimate so feel free to join and learn along with me.
Monday evenings EST.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2148

CJNewYork11
August 22nd, 2016, 00:05
I've been wanting to play through Strahd, so I'd definitely be interested. Monday nights works well for me. Let me know the details if you're interested. Thanks!

damned
August 22nd, 2016, 00:19
Welcome jessemoyer - make sure you apply directly to any games that suit your availability. Do consider games that may not match your absolute game preference because you will 1. meet other gamers and GMs and this will help find more games in the future and 2. you might find that the other system is just as much fun and open you up to a whole world of other games and systems. Do check the forums regularly - if you wait for someone to get back to you it will take much longer than if you approach the GMs that advertise games. Have fun.

Viv
August 22nd, 2016, 13:11
Hello! My name is Clint. I'm 31 if age is a factor. I've been trying to find a group for this adventure for a couple of weeks now. I very much want to give it a go. I DM a homebrew on FG so I can do my best to help with program questions. I've been playing 5e for a good while now and an looking for a challenging campaign, which I hear CoS is.

I can play Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday after 3pm EST. As far as what I want to be, I am pretty open to anything. So far in 5e I've played Barbarian, Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, and Warlock. I still play a Fighter EK/Rogue in a homebrew campaign.

For what I'm looking for in a group: Mostly I just want to have a good time with people who aren't afraid to pretend to be their characters. Not saying they have to do funny voices, but just be thinking about what they would do in given situations. I'm down for joking around. I don't take myself very seriously, but I usually gauge the style of the other players and dm because every group is different. Basically, I get along with most any type of player as long as they aren't a tool. :P

Thanks for your consideration and happy gaming!

Abyz
August 22nd, 2016, 16:16
What time will you be wanting to start the session? I'm interested, but on weekdays it has to be after 9pm EST... Gotta keep the peace at home!

Fatherdeath
August 22nd, 2016, 16:18
depends on when you want to run it

rgaynor72
August 22nd, 2016, 16:20
Hi Jessemoyer,
I would be interested as well. I have been playing D&D for years and have always been fascinated with the Ravenloft setting. I am new to Fantasygrounds but would be very interested in playing on Monday nights.
Thanks
Rob

KainVorador
August 22nd, 2016, 16:29
I can play on Monday evenings. I'm on central time, so just an hour behind you, and would be available from 430pm till about 1am your time. So that's a pretty big window. I DM on Thursdays from 7pm-11pm, but any other weekday and I'm good.

jessemoyer
August 22nd, 2016, 17:20
Thanks for the interest guys. It looks like around 9pm EST sounds like a good start time ( I'll be logged on around 8est if you want to spend more time building a char) . I also need to keep the peace at home and get kids to bed :D I realize it is very short notice but I want to fire up the campaign tonight to allow people to build characters, create a storyline, interact with each other and get some experience with the interface. I added a link to the calendar in my OP for login. The official kick-off is September 5th so if you can't join up tonight, nothing lost.
Please use 4d6 drop lowest for stats.

KainVorador
August 22nd, 2016, 17:43
Will need an alias for your game to connect to.

Nevermind...I can't read, obviously. Link in OP. Got it. :P

UnionOfTechno
August 22nd, 2016, 17:45
Hey there jesse, I'm currently DMing a game of my own here on FG. I'd love to get a chance to play Curse of Strahd, love the gothic horror kind of setting. I'm available on Monday evenings, so that shouldn't be a problem at all. I look forward to getting the chance to speak with you!

I'd prefer to simply fill, whatever role isn't preferred, though I do have concept ideas for some characters. I'm definitely a player that likes to RP and really get in character.

jessemoyer
August 22nd, 2016, 17:45
Removed by author

KainVorador
August 22nd, 2016, 17:47
Applied on the calendar. See you tonight.

UnionOfTechno
August 22nd, 2016, 17:52
Also, let me ask, are there any restrictions on race, class, background? And are UA, EE companion, or SCAG, allowed for character creation?

jessemoyer
August 22nd, 2016, 19:02
please limit characters to PHB material.

Viv
August 22nd, 2016, 20:45
I didn't realize it would start this late at night. My work is getting ready to change schedules to where I have to wake up at 5am, so going to bed at midnight or 1am isn't going to work out for me. Hope you all have fun, though!

EDIT: Unless this is a biweekly campaign, then I could easily do it because I'd always be completely off work since this campaign happens to be scheduled starting on one of my off days (it's a two week rotating schedule, so if the game was weekly I wouldn't have the following Monday off.)

rgaynor72
August 22nd, 2016, 21:53
Call me a nooby but what is OP?

CJNewYork11
August 22nd, 2016, 21:59
Call me a nooby but what is OP?

OP = original post or original poster. The first post/person that started this thread

rgaynor72
August 22nd, 2016, 22:08
Got it. I see myself as Pending. Hopefully I am accepted. I put in a Sorcerer because that is what I created using the 4 drop 1 method follow PHB. But if the DM/Group would rather me play a different class, I can move my scores around and create a different class.

jessemoyer
August 23rd, 2016, 00:08
I updated the calendar to currently not accepting players after 10 people showed interest. I am not sure what proper protocol would be when that many have shown interest. I assume we'll have players who will not be available weekly or decide the group dynamic isn't what they were looking for.

If one of you have a voice or vid option they would like to set up, please speak up. Look forward to meeting each of you.

KainVorador
August 23rd, 2016, 00:40
Properly, you'd pick the first ones that showed interest and can make the commitment. You'd simply go to your first post and scroll down and select however many players. The rest would go on a waiting list in case someone drops out, or you remove them, from the game.

Also, the wonderful FG hosts have provided a Teamspeak server with which to use, freely for our games. If you want to use voice, that'd be the easiest and fastest option.