PDA

View Full Version : So I my campaign will not save

poobah_1
August 20th, 2016, 02:05
I already tried moving the data directory to my Users\<username>\appdata\roaming\fantasy grounds\...

Still no joy..

Here are the error messages I get....

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/usersettings/hotkeys_host.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/CampaignRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/db.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/AAW Games Map Pack Vol 1.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/AAW Games Map Pack Vol 2.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/AAW Games Map Pack Vol 3.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/DD Dungeon Masters Guide.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/DD MM Monster Manual.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/DD5E SRD Data.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/Default Fumble and Critical Hit Tables.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/FG Battle Maps.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/moduledb/Fifth Edition Foes.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/modulestate.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/extensionstate.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv/windowstate.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

the xxxxxx are where I am not disclosing my First and Last Name..

Any suggestions?

Poobah

damned
August 20th, 2016, 02:08
Hola poohbah_1 see this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27005-Campaign-not-saving&p=251374&viewfull=1#post251374

poobah_1
August 20th, 2016, 03:23
I have full permission on every folder. That was the first thing I checked. If I go to the fantasy grounds folder and loo at the permissions every user and very group has full permissions

damned
August 20th, 2016, 03:29
Im pretty sure you can delete (rename is safer) the first three files but the error says you dont have sufficient permissions.

poobah_1
August 20th, 2016, 03:56
I am aware that is what is says. Let me see if I can show you the screenshot of my permissions:

damned
August 20th, 2016, 04:00
I cant see your attachment (not approved yet) but if you have set the permissions on the \Fantasy Grounds directory did you apply to all subfolders/files? Can you go to the folder in question (/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/r-1 The Curse of Iggwilv) and check the permissions there too.

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2016, 04:34
If you create a new campaign with the name of just "test" does it work?

There is a limit to the total path length of any file. And though I wouldn't expect a permissions message, its hard to predict how FG would interpret it.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2016, 04:50
Try the options in this sticky thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

poobah_1
August 20th, 2016, 16:35
I cannot save any campaign. Newly created or existing. A
Tried the three recommended steps. New directory. Admin run as admin, changing rights ... Nothing works. Even moved to while new hard drive with everyone having full right to every folder, sub folder, and file.

No joy

poobah_1
August 20th, 2016, 17:16
When I create a new campaign. The only error I get when I exit is below:

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (E:/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

But I can seem to add NPC's add modules...in other words save to the database. But when I move my files from my old campaign folder to the newly created folder, the issue seems to follow the files.

Ergo, I now think that the files must have picked up an attribute that does not allow them to be modified by anything....

poobah_1
August 20th, 2016, 18:09
And that fixed it. Somehow, all the files had the Read-Only attribute applied to them.

I removed that...and presto chango....

Thanks for all the suggestions and assistance, you guys are great...

now just add a script to allow for: rerolls of 1 and 2 for damage and enhanced criticals - for NPC's - and I will be happy!

Poobah

poobah_1
August 28th, 2016, 17:00
So to further the general knowledge base:

There is a new update of Windows 10. Normally no issue. The issue was started when after I updated the OPS, all of my folder viewing permissions were reset. So I could not see c:\programdata, from my windows explorer.

Not in order to fix this, I changed the attributes of C:\ and all subfolders to not have the "hidden" tag added as an attribute.

But I did not remove the "read only" attribute flag that is right about the "hidden" attribute.

So by my making everything visible, I also made it "read only"!

Truly a genius move! So I post this to make sure no other player/GM makes the same newbie mistake.

Poobah

damned
August 28th, 2016, 22:52
Good work poobah_1. Make sure you only change the permissions for the \fantasy Grounds folder and not the ProgramData folder. Also - instead of changing \ProgramData to not hidden you can change your Explorer options to be able to view hidden folders - they will then have a slightly washed out or transparent icon so you can still tell which ones were hidden. Also if you use the FG Explorer button link from the splash screen and use the Up arrow to navigate up one level you can see your folder without doing wither your or my change :)