PDA

View Full Version : Neat Tricks and Tips (that you are glad you know!)

Razaan
August 31st, 2005, 05:35
Ok, just downloaded this and love it. Already had one successful adventure and am looking forward to many more.

Are there any nice, possibly undocumented, tips and tricks you guys know about? My favorites so far:

Drag any text onto a token to name the token.

richvalle
August 31st, 2005, 12:00
I've found this works a bit better for me:

If you know an encounter with orcs is going to happen in the game, drag the orc sheet into the personalities box.

When the encounter happens, drag as many orcs into the init tracker as you need (1 per orc). Then rename them in the init tracker. Put the tokens on the map and then drag the names from the init tracker onto the tokens.

rv

richvalle
August 31st, 2005, 15:48
For those who want to share the init tracker I just tried this last night and it worked pretty well.

Create a new image, drop a token on it for each character (I used the portraits) and arrange them on the left hand side from top to bottom in the init order. Drop in a token for each bad guy you want to track there as well. Then drop in one of the colored tokens and put it next to the top token and move it down as each one takes their turn.

rv

Snikle
August 31st, 2005, 17:19
I think that could be a great feature request actually. How about modifying the Init track sheet so that a DM could drag and drop the tokens for players in line with the details on that sheet? Then when you auto-sort the init tracker, the tokens sort and you can easily track the turns from the sheet to the map?

Spyke
October 24th, 2005, 22:25
Switching between NPCs during a frenzied dialogue involves lots of switching to the mouse to click, or holding down shift and hitting the arrow keys repeatedly, unless... you set them up as hot-keys. Drag /id (NPC name) to a hot-key for each NPC and you can switch between them really quickly.

This even works with /id GM, so you could always get back to typing as the GM by hitting, say, F1.

kalmarjan
October 24th, 2005, 23:16
While entering values for init in the init tracker, if all orcs say, have an init of 10, you can type "10", then drag the number to the other init boxes. Saves you some keystrokes.