PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: the Masquerade- Wednesdays and Saturdays

Black Hammer
August 16th, 2016, 14:13
FG License: Unlimited
Game System: Vampire: the Masquerade (v20 anniversary)

Time Zone: EDT
Day of week and time: Wednesday (6-10 PM EDT) and Saturday (3-7 EDT)
If new game, planned start date: third week of September
Planned Frequency: Two sessions a week, with option to attend either or both
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak 3

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70 Roleplay / 30 Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: Up to 8
Character starting level & equipment: Neonate
Character restrictions: Specifics mostly negotiable, but game will focus primarily around Camarilla or Independant neonates

Details of your scenario: Over the last two decades, the bulk of the vampire population in the area of Toledo, Ohio, gradually went quiet or left, then about a year ago the few remaining Kindred were taken out abruptly, with rumors suggesting a scrap with hunters or worse gone wrong. As an active port in a state with significant natural resources and some manufacturing, notably armaments, the regional Elders want to reestablish influence in the region. As their work keeps them busy enough already, they have advised any neonates looking to make a name for themselves (or get out of town) to assist in the operation to build a new Camarilla presence there.

Calendar entry:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2191
If you sign up on the calendar, please also post here or send me a private message.

Black Hammer
August 16th, 2016, 14:14
(Reserved for addendums)

Original post:

I've been wanting to run a Vampire: the Masquerade campaign for a while now, and figured I'd try a couple of metagame ideas as well.

First off, it'd be based off the 20th Anniversary edition of VtM, with more than a few house rules. System has never been White Wolf's strong suit, and there are more than a few artifacts of LARPing and 90s RPGs that I'd prefer to avoid.

Second, I'm looking to run two sessions a week, with players welcome to attend either or both sessions. I feel VtM's emphasis on intrigue works best with a slightly larger party than most RPGs, and benefits from leaving players plenty of opportunities to pursue interim actions. Target times would be Wednesday nights, roughly 7-11 EDT, and Saturday afternoons, 3-7 EDT.

Initial plan would be for the campaign to take place in a small city in the American Midwest, present day. Heavy lean towards Camarilla with maybe the odd Anarch, depending on player interest.

Probably using TS3 for voice. I have an Ultimate license for FG, so demo players welcome. Feel free to post any questions or to PM me.

sctorchwoodfan
August 19th, 2016, 01:01
Did you get some interest.... if you are open to switching back and forth between the sessions as my schedule varies I would be interested. Would you be open to the independent clans as well Giovanni or Setites?

dakkonwastes
August 19th, 2016, 17:40
Let me know if this gets going.

RespawningPleaseWait
August 19th, 2016, 21:15
I would be interested, but I'd only be able to attend the Saturday sessions. Wednesday nights are booked for me at the moment.

KainVorador
August 19th, 2016, 23:52
I'd be available on Wednesdays.

Black Hammer
August 20th, 2016, 13:31
Did you get some interest.... if you are open to switching back and forth between the sessions as my schedule varies I would be interested. Would you be open to the independent clans as well Giovanni or Setites?

I'd be open to independents, and while I'd planned on having a Camarilla heavy game, my basic plot would certainly work with a couple of Indies/Anarchs or even a majority of them. Giovanni would be a maybe, but Setite would really depend on character concept. Path of Typhon is a tad iffy. I'd rather not have more than one or two isolated Sabbat at most.

As for anyone with interest, I'm expecting to invest another week or two in recruiting while posting some general setting and plot info. Feel free to post or message me with any specific answers.

Serena
August 20th, 2016, 14:38
hey black! I'm baaaack! I also applied to you chtullu game, would be also interested in vtm but on wednesdays i would need to end earlier. In gmae I could jsut say I got business to attend to.... pm me if you still got a spot

Black Hammer
August 22nd, 2016, 21:09
Couple of updates:

I've started messaging everyone who has expressed interest, whether here or the other forums I recruit from. Just sent out fifteen notes to that extent, so that's a good start. Still plenty of room for more, though, and hopefully by early next week I'll have enough worked out to start scheduling character creation and the first session.

razorrandy
August 25th, 2016, 07:46
may I? this seems particularly interesting

Black Hammer
September 4th, 2016, 21:46
Another update:

Looks like Wednesday is getting the most interest, so I'll see if we can get something started this coming week that night. Still have room for a few more players.

dakkonwastes
September 4th, 2016, 23:25
Yea!

Chearthquake
September 6th, 2016, 18:59
I have no idea how to play, but heard of it and would like to see what it's about

dakkonwastes
September 8th, 2016, 00:00
are we doing something tonight? channel on ts?

Black Hammer
September 8th, 2016, 22:35
are we doing something tonight? channel on ts?

Unfortunately no, as my day yesterday went sideways and the time I had allocated for getting in touch with people and trying to get char gen going got spent at the ER.

I'll be doing that tonight instead, will see what sort of response I get before picking a day to start.

Black Hammer
September 10th, 2016, 23:30
Done generating about four characters so far, will be starting up properly next week. If anyone else is interested in joining or has any questions, let me know.

Black Hammer
September 21st, 2016, 21:31
Game is on for tonight, polishing up a bit of character gen for new people at 6 PM EDT (10GMT) then starting proper closer to 7.

wsorrentini
October 21st, 2017, 20:23
LFP 3-4 VTM20th (2nd edition) campaing, time -5GMT(EST-USA). M/T/W/T/F 9am-to 2pm local OR Friday 7pm until late local. RP 70% Mechanics 30%, all you need is Demo.

Black Hammer
October 21st, 2017, 23:12
This was a pretty good campaign. Might revisit WoD next year when I've got more time.

RespawningPleaseWait
October 22nd, 2017, 01:56
Yeah, I loved that campaign.
So ... I'm confused by the necro (thread, not undead).
Is a new VtM campaign starting?

Black Hammer
October 22nd, 2017, 08:12
I think wsorrentini is trying to get one started.

wsorrentini
October 22nd, 2017, 15:04
i'm indeed going back to the beginning; 2nd ed from the 1990 to present LFP 3-4 VTM 20th (2nd ed )time -5GMT(EST-USA). M to F 9am-to 2pm local/F- 7pm to late discord: https://discord.gg/RhAVQ9M

wsorrentini
October 22nd, 2017, 15:07
its just like d and d with a more serious tone; you play a vampire in a world of darkness. this are not your shinning vamps of twilight this are vicious creatures of the lost boys. there is too much to tell hit me up in discord i can explain better. https://discord.gg/RhAVQ9M

RespawningPleaseWait
October 22nd, 2017, 16:29
I can't do weekdays, unfortunately. Friday night is possible.

wsorrentini
October 22nd, 2017, 16:35
I can't do weekdays, unfortunately. Friday night is possible.

Join me in discord when you get a chance