PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Tyranny of Dragons - Fridays - every two weeks 10pm UK Time (5pm EST)

caledoniaman
August 16th, 2016, 14:04
FG License: Ultimate license
Game System: D&D 5E
Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Friday 10pm UK time
If new game, planned start date: 26th August
Planned Frequency: Every 2 weeks (although session 2 may take place on a different day - probably a Saturday - due to pre-existing commitments)
Term: Until the module is completed and then possibly beyond
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Roleplay & Combat mix: Balanced
Number of Players in game & needed: 1/7 - aiming for
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1. Using 27 point buy or standard array. All standard equipment as defined by class in the Player's Handbook
Character restrictions: Only standard playable races and classes from the PHB. Standard points buy or default array.
Details of your scenario: I will be running the Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat modules in sequence to form the Tyranny of Dragons campaign.
Link to Gamecalendar page: Tyranny of Dragons (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2138)

If you are interested in playing then please post below with some details about yourself including your location, age and experience playing the game.

PLEASE ALSO READ AND NOTE THE FOLLOWING STIPULATIONS:

I really only want to DM players aged 25+ preferably. I may make exceptions but I don't want to be DMing 15 year old kids with all due respect. I know that's how we all started out, but sorry.
If you have already played or DMd all or part of this campaign then please do not apply.
I'd be delighted to accommodate new or returning players in this game.
There will be times when for work reasons or family reasons the game will change date or time but I will endeavour to keep this to an absolute minimum.
Sessions will last 3 hours. Occassionally we may play on if all players agree but it must be a group decision and nobody should feel pressured to do so.
There are no geographical limitations in terms of where you are from but you must speak fluent English. This is because I am crap at other languages. Even common. I'd love to play with players from the UK but given the start time of the game (10pm UK time) I appreciate this may not be practical. I'm starting so late mainly due to family and work commitments.
All communication will be through a dedicated Facebook group once this up and running. Joining this Facebook group is mandatory so that I don't have to spend time communicating across different mediums. The group can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/282322185464991/
I'm considering broadcasting the sessions on Twitch. Let me know if you have a particular objection to this. Not a dealbreaker, just something I'm considering.
After every session there will be a blog post outlining what happened. Here's the one I'm running for my Lost Mines game by way of example - https://phandelver.wordpress.com/

Right, so now that's out of the way, I look forward to hearing from you all......

Fatherdeath
August 16th, 2016, 14:28
is that lv 1-27
or 27 point buy in

caledoniaman
August 16th, 2016, 15:04
Amended. All characters should be level 1, created using a 27 point buy or standard array.

caledoniaman
August 17th, 2016, 11:01
Now up to 3 players. Looking for an additional 4. Please reply here and in the game calendar if you wish to take part.

Jorshiac
August 17th, 2016, 11:29
I have some interest.

KainVorador
August 17th, 2016, 17:29
I'd join this but I think every two weeks is too much time between games.

caledoniaman
August 17th, 2016, 17:32
I appreciate your comment KainVorador (although I'm unsure why you would care to post that rather than just look for a more suitable game). I DM a Lost Mines of Phandelver game on a fortnightly basis as well which is why this is also fortnightly (played on the other game's off week). Not everyone can commit to a weekly game.

KainVorador
August 17th, 2016, 17:42
...because your thread interested me but doesn't work for me and I wanted to state why? My comment opened the door for negotiations where you would say something like "Understandable, but I DM a Lost Mines of Phandelver game on a fortnightly basis as well which is why this is also fortnightly (played on the other game's off week). Not everyone can commit to a weekly game" instead of that first sentence which had a bit of a veiled condescending tone to it...OR "Understandable, let me see if I can work something out on my end, schedule wise, and look into playing on a weekly basis."

Subsequently, your second sentence probably answered questions for other players, who haven't posted, that may also share my weekly concerns.

Good luck.

caledoniaman
August 17th, 2016, 21:07
I appreciate your comment KainVorador (although I'm unsure why you would care to post that rather than just look for a more suitable game). I DM a Lost Mines of Phandelver game on a fortnightly basis as well which is why this is also fortnightly (played on the other game's off week). Not everyone can commit to a weekly game.

caledoniaman
August 17th, 2016, 21:08
It wasn't my intention to offend Kain. Appreciate fortnightly isn't ideal for you (and due to pre-existing commitments there's a month between sessions 1 and 2) but you'd be more than welcome aboard.

KainVorador
August 18th, 2016, 04:45
I'm not offended, brother. Was just stating my reasoning. If you end up hosting something on a weekly schedule, let me know. I'll probably jump onboard. Every two weeks just isn't my thing. Too much time passes and I end up forgetting what exactly happened last session.

Mouley
August 18th, 2016, 05:45
Hey there

I'd like to get in on this for sure. I am in Ontario Canada so that makes it 5pm EST for me. Been playing D&D since the 80's so i'm older than 15 :)

Have not played or read this module or the next ones in line. I like playing Clerics or rogues but anything would do.

Jay

caledoniaman
August 18th, 2016, 08:39
Jay, welcome aboard. Can you sign up on the calendar page and join the Facebook group. I'll approve both either later today or tomorrow (bit indisposed today).

Delm74
August 18th, 2016, 09:50
I am interested - American expat living in Poland so the timeframe works well enough. I just need to get clearance from the family :) I played and DMed D&D way back in the 1st and 2nd edition days as a youth and have recently gotten back into it with both 4E and 5E sessions as a player. I'm pretty flexible with classes in terms of what works for party composition.

caledoniaman
August 18th, 2016, 10:18
Delm74, completely understand re family. That's why these games are so late at night. I have 3 kids and need to get them to bed before playing. Let me know when you get clearance.

caledoniaman
August 18th, 2016, 11:07
Can everyone who has signed up so far please make sure that they join the Facebook group as soon as possible. This is unfortunately a prerequisite for taking part in the campaign as it's the main community hub and means of communication.

Many thanks.

richg
August 19th, 2016, 06:34
I'm interested. Live in Los Angeles area, so 10pm UK is around 2pm my time. Which I can totally swing on Fridays but pretty much not available on Saturdays. So, not sure if that's a deal killer. I love the idea of a global playing group :) Cheers!

Delm74
August 19th, 2016, 08:39
Delm74, completely understand re family. That's why these games are so late at night. I have 3 kids and need to get them to bed before playing. Let me know when you get clearance.

Hey! I'm good to go, just need to be mindful of real life/family commitments etc. Been wanting to play this for a while!

richg
August 19th, 2016, 08:49
Hey! I'm good to go, just need to be mindful of real life/family commitments etc. Been wanting to play this for a while!

That dumb "Real Life" stuff...always getting in the way ;) Have 4 kids myself...thankfully, they are all older now and mostly self-sufficient! Cheers.

Patou
August 19th, 2016, 12:55
Would have loved to join this campaign but I am currently into Rise of Tiamat. Here's a cool link I found with some pretty cool maps made by a very talented person.
https://michaelarkangel.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

I find this whole campaign well written and purchased pretty much everything related to it:
The 5E modules
FG Module
Tyrrany of Dragons Guide found on the DM's Guild
Alternate map of Skyreach Castle (if you want to go big)
And all player and DM maps from Jared Blando so I could dress them up with the missing stuuf described in the modules.

Hope all this helps you on your journey:)

Delm74
August 19th, 2016, 20:29
That dumb "Real Life" stuff...always getting in the way ;) Have 4 kids myself...thankfully, they are all older now and mostly self-sufficient! Cheers.

Ha! It's a balancing act!

caledoniaman
August 20th, 2016, 17:58
Delm74, last place goes to you. Can you please join the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/282322185464991

Basically we have 7 players in the group. That's a larger group than I'd like to DM at one time but from experience it usually works out that not everyone can make every session so having the odd week with a full house is easier than having a week with nobody :)

Delm74
August 20th, 2016, 18:45
Great, thanks so much. Signed on with the Facebook group. Looking forward to it!

caledoniaman
August 20th, 2016, 19:52
Great.

Str8FlushMN
August 20th, 2016, 23:10
Id be interested... let me know what u need and ill make a char,

Thx! CB

Fazakerley
August 21st, 2016, 03:17
Hi Caledoniaman

I didn't reply before because I was due to start this adventure with another DM and didn't want to play two versions of the same game. However he's just got a job and has bowed out. Let me know if there's still space, I'm really enjoying your other game.

I'd be happy to play whatever is needed, but am leaning towards a land druid or monk.

Fazakerley

bnotobo
August 23rd, 2016, 22:29
Cal,
I see that you have a full group. I have applied none the less. If you have a player drop last minute, post here, and I am willing to jump in. I don't have a preferred class, it's more about the RP for me than the stats/abilities. I love the point buy, and am typically a vanilla player (1 class).

I am in my mid-40's, and have been mostly DMing since the 80's. I played 1E & 2E, but skipped all of the fun of 3, 3.5, and 4. Jumped into 5E a couple years ago, but never played HotDQ.
I'm new to FG, but have played around on it quite a bit. I would need to get Discord to play your game.

caledoniaman
August 24th, 2016, 09:57
For those who have recently posted here to apply, many thanks for your interest but the game is full at the moment. That said, with the kind of attrition that these games can take on, I may be back to this particular well looking for new players so I'll keep you in mind (Fazakerley, we've already had a conversation to this effect on FB). Many thanks again guys.