PDA

View Full Version : One weapon, multiple damage rolls

Underdoge411
August 16th, 2016, 05:27
I have a PC in my 5E game with a Trident of Fish Command, this weapon used as a melee weapon deals 1d6 damage but as a thrown weapon deals 1d8. Does this item need to be added to the inventory twice or is it possible to have to separate damage rolls for one weapon? I cliked on the little spy glass and added a new line under damage but that just causes the game to roll both at the same time. Any assistance is appreciated.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2016, 05:30
Add another weapon entry in the actions tab and fill it out with all the info you need.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2016, 05:36
Or, drag "Trident" once from the PHB library (if you have the PHB) or SRD and it will create two entries in the action tab - one for melee and one for thrown. Edit those as need be.

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2016, 09:04
Indeed, as Trenloe says drag the weapon from the Items tab or distribute from the party inventory and it will automatically set up both the melee and ranged versions of the Trident.

Note that the damage for both melee and thrown is 1d6. You only get a 1d8 damage if the Trident is used as a melee weapon in two hands. For this you will need to add another weapon line in the actions tab. You can automate this if you want by making a copy of the Trident in Items, edit the name to Trident (Two Handed) and make the damage 1d8. Then drag/drop that into the player.