PDA

View Full Version : Brand new player Looking for group of people to help me get in to this game

Eaglenator
August 16th, 2016, 00:57
Hey guys, I am new to this game and really would love to get into this new world. I am looking for anyone who wants to play.

Kelendor
August 16th, 2016, 05:46
I just ran a session where I went over a lot of the functionality of Fantasy Grounds three days ago,I'd be more than happy to walk you though character creation an whatever else you need help with.Let me know what days work for you an we'll work something out.

Kitilark
August 16th, 2016, 14:28
:D Glad to see there are a few other newbies scouring the forum, for info on how this world works. I've run a few different character creations; read my way through most all the references and appendix,(did the Core pack special from the shop) for players, the GM stuff will take a wee-bit longer. But, I can't say I have played yet (can't say I have played D&D since the summer of 1984). I'm retired, Eastern time zone, no curfew, only a few pets to feed twice a day. Will try to watch these videos I see talked about, that might help clear-up a few things for me.
Thanks Eaglenator for starting this thread, maybe a few other newbies (like me) will find there way here.

Fatherdeath
August 16th, 2016, 14:35
It took me about a week to find a game but so far having a blast.
I found there are alot of video's on youtube that explain alot on how fantasy grounds work and what to expect.
Just look up Fantasy grounds i spent almost 4 days watching videos wile waiting to find a game.

dulux-oz
August 16th, 2016, 14:39
If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE Sound, Locations, Weather and Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Andraax
August 16th, 2016, 14:57
:D Glad to see there are a few other newbies scouring the forum, for info on how this world works. I've run a few different character creations; read my way through most all the references and appendix,(did the Core pack special from the shop) for players, the GM stuff will take a wee-bit longer. But, I can't say I have played yet (can't say I have played D&D since the summer of 1984). I'm retired, Eastern time zone, no curfew, only a few pets to feed twice a day. Will try to watch these videos I see talked about, that might help clear-up a few things for me.
Thanks Eaglenator for starting this thread, maybe a few other newbies (like me) will find there way here.

I have an opening in my Tuesday night Castles and Crusades game - 8-11pm US/Central. If you played D&D around 1984, you'd find it very familiar....

JohnD
August 16th, 2016, 15:54
Andraax runs a good game.

Eaglenator
August 16th, 2016, 23:19
Hey, That sounds great I will need all the help i can get starting out. I am open tonight from 730 to midnight (Central time) or maybe later on during the week. If you are interested I would love to add you to my friend list. I am always up for some fun and new friends.

Kelendor
August 16th, 2016, 23:24
Hey, That sounds great I will need all the help i can get starting out. I am open tonight from 730 to midnight (Central time) or maybe later on during the week. If you are interested I would love to add you to my friend list. I am always up for some fun and new friends.

Just let me know when you want to jump on an I'll set up a hangout.

JerryRig
August 18th, 2016, 22:20
I run a Tuesday morning game (UTC -6) of Pathfinder if your interested. The information on it is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32033-Vengeance-of-House-Morcane-(Pathfinder-ruleset-Forgetten-Realms-Underdark-campaign))