PDA

View Full Version : Spell Editing to apply effects and save DCs.

_JackDoor_
August 15th, 2016, 21:10
Currently using a module called 'Book of Lost Spells', however the spells have no features in them like the one attached from the PHB (https://imgur.com/a/iNaHM).

Is there a way to create a list of effects within my character sheet that I can scroll through and apply in game?

Zacchaeus
August 15th, 2016, 22:12
The spell effects that you see from spells in the PHB etc are created when the spell is dragged onto the character sheet. The parser in FG picks up common phrases and words and tries to work out what effects are needed. If the spells are presented in the same format in your third party book then I think the spells should parse to some extent. If they don't then you'll either have to reword the spells so that the parser can pick up the words it needs or alternatively create your own effects. I don't know if the parser only picks up from the PHB (or SRD) or not but all you can do is experiment. I don't have that book so I can't say what you might have to do, but if you look at the wording of a similar spell that might give you a clue as to what is required.

_JackDoor_
August 15th, 2016, 22:32
Fantastic thank you, I'll have a fiddle now.