PDA

View Full Version : LFP - 2 to 3 - 5e Lost Mines of Phandelver - Thurs 7 PM EDT

cheveyo75
August 15th, 2016, 16:42
We are currently full. I will keep a list of interested players if we lose a member. Thanks for your interest and good gaming, everyone!

FG License: Full license
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EDT
Day of week and time: Thursdays at 7 PM. Will run 3 hours with possible bleed over.
If new game, planned start date: I'd like to start August 25th.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: This is the starter campaign to get everyone familiar with the rules and playing together. It will take characters up to 5th level. Once this campaign is over, I plan on taking the group through other campaigns if the players would like.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: I am a DM who rewards role-playing. I appreciate combat, but really love the character interaction moments.
Number of Players in game & needed: I currently have 3 players. Need 2-3 more to round out the party.
Character starting level & equipment: Characters will start at level 1 and have standard equipment as granted by class and background.
Character restrictions: Core and Elemental Evil Supplement

Details of your scenario: This is the D&D 5e starter campaign. I am an experienced DM running this campaign for a mix of experienced and novice players. I want people here who haven't played this campaign before and are looking to have a good time with people of all experience levels. Once this campaign is done, I hope to move on to other modules and some homebrew. Think of this campaign as the "dipping your toes in the water" to see if you enjoy the people and DM you're playing with.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Cheveyo75

Link to Gamecalendar page isn't working for me but it's there. The ID number is 2136. I'll post a link as soon as I figure out why it won't let me.

Jorthain
August 15th, 2016, 17:53
I'm interested and will post on the calendar when I get home from work.
My experience with 1rst and 3rd editions is extensive, but I am just learning 5th.
Thanks.

Kitilark
August 15th, 2016, 20:19
I am looking for a game, but I am just getting started on this system; have not play D & D since the summer of 1984.
Been spending the day reading and trying out different character builds; have tried to get back to the calendar all day but it is not accessible.

cheveyo75
August 15th, 2016, 20:30
That actually is perfect for Lost Mine. It's designed to help you learn the ropes of the system. I also hadn't played since the 80's and was able to pick up 5e really quickly. It's similar to 2e with its streamlined nature.

Kitilark
August 15th, 2016, 21:39
Cheveyo75, sorry to be an annoyance, but I finally found away onto the calendar, there are 7 (seven) Lost Mines and one Mines all are5E. Is your GM name different that your forum name? I would like to find your game and apply. Thanks!!

cheveyo75
August 15th, 2016, 21:42
Cheveyo75, sorry to be an annoyance, but I finally found away onto the calendar, there are 7 (seven) Lost Mines and one Mines all are5E. Is your GM name different that your forum name? I would like to find your game and apply. Thanks!!

No problem at all. My GM name is cheveyo75. The listing should have Thurs 7 PM in the title.

Tuendal
August 15th, 2016, 21:59
I'd be interested in playing and learning about 5E. I played a few games in college based on 2nd edition, but that was nearly 20 years ago. I have been wanting to pickup playing again but don't have any friends that are really interested. I have don't have a lot of experience with the tool just got it recently. Do i need to sign up via the calendar? Also I'm central time, so if this starts at 7 Eastern i should be able to get on at 6pm my time.

Thanks

Jorthain
August 15th, 2016, 22:42
Signed up on calendar. Looking forward to it.

Underdoge411
August 15th, 2016, 22:56
I am interested if you are still accepting players

Grim_Dark
August 16th, 2016, 00:04
I applied to your calendar in hopes of playing with you :)

damned
August 16th, 2016, 03:19
Link to Gamecalendar page isn't working for me but it's there. The ID number is 2136. I'll post a link as soon as I figure out why it won't let me.

5 more posts and you shoudl be able to add links :)

TheOneTrueGray
August 16th, 2016, 03:25
I'm interested, new to 5e, not new to fg. Like to play fighters, very much a rp heavy type of player.

Jorthain
August 19th, 2016, 03:32
I had a really good time this evening and enjoyed meeting each of you. Next week has something new to look forward to. Thanks for that

richg
August 19th, 2016, 06:23
Just requested to join on the calendar :) Hopefully you still have some room. Have played 5e before a few times, actually even had a group last year that sort of dissolved when the GM had to increase work hours (real life, grrr). Will play whatever class the party needs but would like to be a halfling thief, but I can also be pious and play a cleric if we don't have one. Cheers!

valiantcosmos
August 20th, 2016, 17:03
Just signed up on the game calendar as a Dwarf wizard -- looked like that might be a fit. I'm pretty new -- played a few sessions online using FG and liked it, and I really like the sound of Lost Mines. Let me know if I can answer any questions.