PDA

View Full Version : Error in Base Ruleset (FullPortraitFrame not found)

Archlyte
August 14th, 2016, 23:13
Started changing the character sheet and now I am getting this error for an invisible frame not being found by one of the scripts. I looked for a Full Portrait frame in icons and frames but nothing is there. Anyone know what it is looking for?

Archlyte
August 14th, 2016, 23:15
And now it's not happening. hmm. Not sure why it gave that message.

Archlyte
August 15th, 2016, 00:52
Is there a documentation that is good to use with the Base ruleset? I am having trouble adding a Numberfield to the character sheet.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 00:56
Top level info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset

Also, this extension adds a few fields to the character sheet - you should get some good examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23281-More-Core-extension-for-CoreRPG

Archlyte
August 15th, 2016, 01:22
Thank you Trenloe. Trying to get a field for Action Points that can be entered through calculation of two attributes added and then divided by 12. The Attributes are just numeric entries in a labeled string so I think that has to change as well but so far I am having no luck with numberfield or Numberfield.

Archlyte
August 15th, 2016, 02:15
So the core and the base are two different things yeah? Base is some rudimentary ruleset someone made, while core is the bones of the program right? Is there any documentation aimed at adding things to the Base Ruleset specifically?

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 02:18
I'd recommend building on CoreRPG - this is the main building blocks for Fantasy Grounds going forwards and includes a lot of basic functionality (like tables, calendars, encounters, etc.). Not sure which "base" you're using, but this will be a few years old, not really compatible with FG and isn't supported/updated. Go with CoreRPG where possible.

Archlyte
August 15th, 2016, 02:21
The More Core thing instantly produced 3 errors not associated with anything I have messed with so I had to disable to extension. Why does this **** have to be so difficult. Would be great if this had been made to be editable by the average Joe.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 02:24
The More Core thing instantly produced 3 errors not associated with anything I have messed with so I had to disable to extension.
Assuming you are running MoreCore in a CoreRPG ruleset campaign and not trying to use it in a base campaign?

Archlyte
August 18th, 2016, 18:51
I gave up, but thank you anyway.

Talyn
August 18th, 2016, 19:51
If nothing else, he has me curious what he means by "base" ruleset...

Ikael
August 18th, 2016, 22:15
The "Base Ruleset" is years old project before CoreRPG ruleset was a thing. There were several community member developed rulesets back in the days that were made to be generic and extendable just like current CoreRPG except thing were much harder and cumbersome back then. These rulesets were Base, Foundation and Unicore to mention but a few. These rulesets are still available in some deep dark places (FG wiki), but seriously if you want to develop ruleset use CoreRPG.

Archlyte
August 19th, 2016, 23:48
I found it under community rulesets in the wiki. I couldn't get it to work so I just went back to my modified Classic Traveller ruleset that is basically just a working character sheet. Roll20 or whatever it's called is terrible so I will take a non-functioning FG ruleset over that other program any day.

Archlyte
August 19th, 2016, 23:52
I tried to use Core RPG once as I recall but the placement of things never made sense to me. Like the font for use in the character sheet is not controlled in the ruleset but is somewhere else and if you change it then it affects all rulesets that use that core piece. I also couldn't get the Core RPG ruleset to lookup stuff.

Talyn
August 19th, 2016, 23:57
CoreRPG is designed to be utilized as a "layered" ruleset. Pretty much everything popular you load up you'll notice CoreRPG being layered in on top as the final ruleset loaded. Any of the D&D's, PFRPG (which is 3.5E as far as rulesets go), Savage Worlds, you name it. So... you're not supposed to change CoreRPG itself because naturally that would change everything else that uses it.

Create a new ruleset folder, call CoreRPG from that, then make the changes you need there.

damned
August 20th, 2016, 01:12
CoreRPG is designed to be utilized as a "layered" ruleset. Pretty much everything popular you load up you'll notice CoreRPG being layered in on top as the final ruleset loaded. Any of the D&D's, PFRPG (which is 3.5E as far as rulesets go), Savage Worlds, you name it. So... you're not supposed to change CoreRPG itself because naturally that would change everything else that uses it.

Building a layered ruleset is definitely the way to go and between all the D&D, Numenera and Fate rulesets that you already have downloaded you can see how to do most things.

Create a new ruleset folder, call CoreRPG from that, then make the changes you need there.

You can unzip CoreRPG and rename the folder Archlyte and then you will see Archlyte as an option. This will allow you to simply edit straight into a forked version of CoreRPG but you will not inherit any new CoreRPG features if you do it this way.

Archlyte
August 27th, 2016, 01:26
I think maybe someday I will find someone to do this for me. I love Mythras but I just don't have the technical ability or time to get it done. I was able to make an awesome (in my opinion) character sheet in that old traveller ruleset, but nothing else works. I somehow broke the notes so only the gm can create and modify the notes even though the icon works for players.

I may take a look at the core again if I get some time.