PDA

View Full Version : FG won't persist update

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 14:50
So I've run into a strange situation. When I load FG it's version 3.07. I run the updater and then it's magically 3.17 (as it should be to my knowledge.) However once I exit FG and re-open it's back to 3.07. I can't locate an uninstaller to try a complete fresh start and if I remove my folders the system still knows it's around somewhere (the downloaded installer still picks up the old folders original locations and runs in Update mode not install mode.)

Any ideas? I've tried changing folder permissions to let everyone and their dog have all access rights, run as Administrator.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2016, 14:53
Sounds like you have an old shortcut that you're using to start FG.

Open FG and click the settings button: General -> App Directory points to where FG thinks the FantasyGrounds.exe is and where FG will update the .exe, even if the shortcut used to start FG was from a different location.

Make a shortcut to FantasyGrounds.exe at the location pointed to by the "App Directory" entry in settings and see if using that shows FG 3.1.7.

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 14:55
Doh. I added a new disk drive and copied all my RPG stuff over. And of course the "installed" version is on the old disk drive and I'm running the version on the new drive. The updater recognizes this but the exe obviously doesn't. Okay, I think problem solved.

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 15:00
Okay that seems to have fixed it now. Pointing the updated to the correct drive.

One question though, I had an error in the updated "Unable to create vault. Check you license key setting." Any ideas on that?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2016, 21:29
One question though, I had an error in the updated "Unable to create vault. Check you license key setting." Any ideas on that?
Have you entered your license key in the correct field at the top of the settings screen?

The Canterbury Tail
August 15th, 2016, 14:07
Yup the license key is in there and is correct. Don't see any issues. Not played a lot but not noticed a problem yet but haven't tried with someone else. Did another update run with no errors so not sure what it was about.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 14:10
Did another update run with no errors ...
You should be fine then.