PDA

View Full Version : Errors in Ruleset

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 13:59
Hello all

It's been some time since I've used FGII, and infact I've never actually run or played a game in it. Anyway I'm thinking of starting again and I've set up a new campaign with the Call of Cthulhu ruleset, but I keep getting errors appearing. Anyone got any advice?

Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatscroll) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatscroll) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatstatus) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatstatus) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)

Trenloe
August 14th, 2016, 14:04
What version of the Call of Cthulhu ruleset and the CoreRPG ruleset is being reported in the chat window when you load up FG? You should see:

If you don't see this, then run an update to FG. If, after the update, you still don't see these versions then check your <FG app data>\rulesets directory for a directory called "Call of Cthulhu" - rename it to "Call of Cthulhu - Old" and try loading your campaign again.

Also make sure that you have updated any extensions you may have loaded. It might be a good idea to try a new, clean campaign without any extensions to see if you get the error.

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 14:29
I noticed that when I load FG it always says 3.07, but I run an update and it goes to 3.17. However once I close and re-open it goes back to 3.07 again. I'm trying to figure out how to completely uninstall and reinstall but when I run the installer it just provide Update options.

Sjelsyk
August 14th, 2016, 14:37
My friends who joined the game I was hosting used to get a lot of error messages, but I found this that helped them get past it and run FG without the error messages:

* Run FG as administrator
* Change the Security settings on the folder (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/) to allow the "Everyone" group to have full control.
* Run the FG Settings, change the data folder to "C:/Users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/", and Update again.

Might be the reason why the new version doesn't fully update, or something. Worth a try at least. It has eliminated all error messages my friends have had. I, however, have never had this problem on any of my installs across many different machines.

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 14:46
Thanks for the above. Tried that and while I get no error messages once I run the update (as it's gone to 3.17) it drops back down to 3.07 as soon as I exit again.

This obviously isn't an issue with the ruleset but rather with the installation of FG itself. I should take this to the main support forum and not pollute this area.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2016, 14:53
Discussion now here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33638-FG-won-t-persist-update

The Canterbury Tail
August 14th, 2016, 14:56
Yup, figured it out. Cheers all.