PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weekly Game, GMT+1 Time Zone. Prefer fantasy RPGs

Chemir
August 14th, 2016, 09:23
FG License: Yes
Time Zone: GMT+1
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: All days suit. Would like to play once a week. Evenings between 18:00 - 23:00.
Term: Looking for long term campaign
Voice: Can do, but prefer writing.

Game System Preferred: D&D, various editions
Game System Experience: D&D 2nd, 3rd and 3.5 ed. Cyberpunk 2020. MERP. Storyteller from oWoD. Yes, I'm ancient.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Nada.

Character Type Preferred: Clerics/Mages, characters with high WIS/INT

About me: I used to play quite a lot with a fast group of friends in the golden days of my youth. The group slowly splintered over time, and eventually we stopped. I packed away my books, miniatures and dice and forgot about D&D mostly. Every once in a while, after moving to a yet another new town, I'd thought about looking for a group to play with, but never quite gathered the nerve to boldly go where I had gone before. After binging on Stranger Things though, the memories of fun times came back, and with them a yearning to once more roll the die and defeat the Demogorgon.

The overly purplish introduction aside, a lapsed old timey D&D nerd looking for a weekly gaming group. Preferring grim-dark, low-powered, mature settings/campaigns. With mature meaning that bad stuff can happen to good people and sometimes there are no heroes, not mature settings. Ahem. Willing to learn a given system. Prefer roughly 30% combat, 40% problem solving, 30% pure RP. Not a stickler on constantly being in character. Alignment: lawful neutral.

While I'd like to play a long campaign, I've nothing against starting with a smaller one and seeing how we get along. Perhaps my inability to not write run-on sentances proves to be too grating.

damned
August 14th, 2016, 09:45
Welcome Chemir. You will get a much better result if you trawl the LFP posts in this forum and apply directly to those that fit your needs. Many, many games fill up without the GM having to directly approach the players.

Chemir
August 14th, 2016, 12:13
Thank you. I've sent PMs to a few interesting looking games, but it never hurts to advertise. Plus, since I haven't actively played in over a decade, I'm quite out of the loop of what are the cool games at the moment.

damned
August 14th, 2016, 14:19
All good - just making sure you are covering all the angles :)