PDA

View Full Version : VoiceBot with Fantasy Grounds

Dr0W
August 13th, 2016, 05:02
I have JUST purchased this software: https://store.steampowered.com/app/374400/

It's basically a voice-activated macro tool. Now I didn't buy it specifically for Fantasy Grounds, I just thought the tool might come handy for general stuff, but the first thing I tried was using it on FG.

At first I only set up a simple macro that whenever I'd say something like "open spellbooks" it would hit alt+ctrl+shift+f1 on FG that would be where my shortcut to spells is. It was nice and worked very well.

But then, I remembered I had this Voicemeeter setup to play sounds through a virtual audio output and decided to play with it a little and...
I've just set up that whenever I say "you cast a fireball" on my mic, it runs a fireball.wav file that plays through voicemeeter and delivers the sounds to TeamSpeak. So basically I'm playing sounds to my players just by saying usual things and not even having to remember the specific shortcut. So far I've set up sounds for "you unlock the door"(plays an unlocking sound), "the zombie attacks", "a zombie appears" (makes a zombie moaning sound), "you cast a lightning bolt"(thudersound.wav).

The softwares I'm using are: VoiceBot(for voice macro activation), VoiceMeeter(virtual audio, makes my sound play as if it was sent on my mic), VLC Media Player (just my standard media player, it lets me play sounds via VoiceMeeter) and TeamSpeak.

So, I decided to share this with all of you because I'm yet to unlock the software's full potential and you guys might have cool ideas to use it. ;)

kalnaren
August 13th, 2016, 11:59
Hm, I have Voice Attack, never thought of using it to trigger sound effects.

Nylanfs
August 14th, 2016, 01:57
Ooo, pretty cool

gqwebb
August 14th, 2016, 04:17
Cool and it is on sale for only 5

rbeard101
August 24th, 2016, 22:41
Very Cool! I played around with the Macro and used SyrinScape. Put Syrinscape in 3rd party app integration to get the links to the sounds. You can then use this macro to play sounds directly from Syrinscape:
---------------------------------------------
using System;
using System.Drawing;

public static class VoiceBotScript
{
public static void Run(IntPtr windowHandle)
{
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("syrinscape-fantasy:elements/ZXpyZW4tbWFsZS13aXphcmQ6OmZpcmViYWxs/play/");
}
}
-------------------------------------------------

Substitute the ""syrinscape-fantasy:elements/ZXpyZW4tbWFsZS13aXphcmQ6OmZpcmViYWxs/play/" with the link to the specific sound.

Andraax
August 25th, 2016, 00:51
Why are you using a macro? Just put the link in a "start program" action in VoiceBot.