PDA

View Full Version : Local Player Can't Connect / Remote Players Can Connect

jajen2003
August 13th, 2016, 02:16
Perhaps someone can help us out.

I'm hosting a FG game. Everyone who is not in my house, can connect remotely and access the game. I have port forwarding turned on, everything works remotely.

However, a player who is local and playing in the same room, accessing the same wireless router, cannot connect. We've tried both the provided internal and external IP addresses, to no avail.

I'm at a loss here, I was hoping we might get some help. Never had this problem in the past.

Thanks in advance.

damned
August 13th, 2016, 02:43
Check your windows firewall settings. You should be using the LAN Address.
Check the router/access-point doesnt have some form of wireless security/isolation turned on.

When connecting across the Internet use the Alias or External IP Address
When connecting using Hamachi use the GMs Hamachi IP which is not reported by FG
When connecting across a LAN use the Internal IP Address
When connecting on the GMs computer use the keyword localhost

lesliev
August 14th, 2016, 11:18
Sometimes I've had this situation where I can't connect to another computer on the Wifi LAN and it has resolved when I've disconnected and reconnected both computers. I think it's some intermittent issue that happens sometimes with my router.

It might be useful for you to open up ICMP on your (server) computer and then try to ping your computer from the other computer on the LAN.

Google "allow pings windows 10" to find out how to do that - this is what it told me:

To enable ICMP Echo Request for ICMPv4 and ICMPv6. In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in, click Inbound Rules in the tree, and click New Rule in the Actions Pane. Click Customize for Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) settings. Click Echo Request, click OK, and then click Next.

After that, try to ping:

Press the “Win + R” key to open the RUN dialog box. Type cmd, and click OK.
Type "ping <your server ip>" and press enter.

You should see responses coming back from your computer, and that will confirm that the computer can reach yours over the LAN.
My computers all have ICMP open so I can test connectivity - and if I can't ping, reconnecting to the router usually fixes it.