PDA

View Full Version : Token scaling

Goblin-King
August 29th, 2005, 17:39
I should be coding but I couldn't wait any longer to show you a feature I just finished putting in a while ago.

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/images/attachments/tokenscale.jpg

Starting with 1.05, you can zoom to whatever map scale you've created your tokens for (in pixels). When you have zoomed to the scale you want (for example, the default letter tokens that come with FG look about right on a grid that's about 30 pixels per square on the screen), you can lock the tokens down to this scale. Now, when you zoom the image in and out, the tokens scale with the view.

This will allow you to create token sets that are in scale relative to one another, and be able to use them on any map, regardless of whether the original mapper took into account the token scale or not.

I don't know why such a small thing should seem so cool to me, but it does. 8)

richvalle
August 29th, 2005, 19:13
That is cool! Dang it, I want this stuff!

Back to coding!

:)

rv

Mendorian
August 29th, 2005, 19:20
That seems plenty cool to me!

For example, if I use a random dungeon generator to bang out a quick lair, etc, that typically uses a much smaller size than the usual scale from something like Dundjinni. Now I won't have to make 2 sets of each token I make, which clogged the token box (even with bags) horribly.

Thanks for all the hard work, looking forward to the update :D . (especially as I couldn't make it to GenCon.)

-Mendo

gurney9999
August 29th, 2005, 21:26
wow, that's very cool indeed.

Snikle
August 29th, 2005, 22:12
Very nice, now I wont have to keep redoing my token as I try to get them to be just the right size.

Any timeframe for the next version coming out?

Crusader
August 29th, 2005, 22:15
Nice! And it saves us some extra work!

Since the subject is related to maps and 1.05, I've a question if you don't mind. Will 1.05 increase the 2048 x 2048 px limit?

Goblin-King
August 30th, 2005, 06:11
Since the subject is related to maps and 1.05, I've a question if you don't mind. Will 1.05 increase the 2048 x 2048 px limit?

Yes. Should be limited by practical limits, i.e. video memory and processing power only now.

Crusader
August 30th, 2005, 17:44
Cool!

richvalle
August 31st, 2005, 11:55
I'm guessing this only works for tokens on the map at the time you lock them? So if I need to drop another token on the map I'll have to zoom/lock again?

rv

Mendorian
September 1st, 2005, 02:38
Okay, I have to post this because I think this is just too friggin cool!

rv, once you lock the token size, if you then zoom in or out and drop in a new token, it automatically scales the new token to match the rest!

It may be a small thing but for some reason that just hit me as such a nice touch.

Great work on all the new features devs, keep em comin! :D

-Mendo