PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Deadlands: Blood Drive

Tatertron
August 12th, 2016, 06:05
I recently purchased Blood Drive.
In chapter 5, "No Mans Land", the first section, "Sign of the Territories", content is intact. But if i click on the next one down, "Keep off the Grass", the content for "Signs of the Territories" comes up, and so on for the next 6 sections.

any help would be awesome!

JohnD
August 12th, 2016, 19:25
Sounds like something that they will have to update/fix in the module and push out via you doing an update.

Tatertron
August 14th, 2016, 04:41
Thanks JohnD. I hope so. We start Blood Drive next weekend.

lokiare
August 15th, 2016, 21:41
I recently purchased Blood Drive.
In chapter 5, "No Mans Land", the first section, "Sign of the Territories", content is intact. But if i click on the next one down, "Keep off the Grass", the content for "Signs of the Territories" comes up, and so on for the next 6 sections.

any help would be awesome!

Which of the three blood drive modules are you having problems with?

Deadlands Reloaded: Blood Drive 3 - Range War!
Deadlands Reloaded: Blood Drive 2 - High Plains Drover
Deadlands Reloaded: Blood Drive 1 - Bad Times on the Goodnight

lokiare
August 15th, 2016, 22:23
Which of the three blood drive modules are you having problems with?

Deadlands Reloaded: Blood Drive 3 - Range War!
Deadlands Reloaded: Blood Drive 2 - High Plains Drover
Deadlands Reloaded: Blood Drive 1 - Bad Times on the Goodnight

It appears you are referring to Blood Drive 1. I have fixed the links, they now point to the correct Story items. You can now update Fantasy Grounds and it will download the newest version of the module.

Tatertron
August 15th, 2016, 23:06
Well, i updated then restarted my computer. No dice. still doing the same thing.

Sorry to be a bother, and really appreciate your help. I dont think we'll get to the last chapter on Sunday, so no rush

Tatertron
August 15th, 2016, 23:08
Ok, and i did find the links in story bar, so its there. The library module is still not right, but i can make this work

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 23:43
Ok, and i did find the links in story bar, so its there. The library module is still not right, but i can make this work
Assuming the module has been updated (which it might not have tracked through the update system yet), then (after the update has gone through) you may need to tell FG to use the new module data if you've already looked at this in a FG campaign. In module activation, right-click on the module and select "Revert Changes".

Or, just try it in a brand new SW campaign as this will read the new module directly.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 23:45
Look for DLRBD1FG2 being updated during the update process.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2016, 23:58
Look for DLRBD1FG2 being updated during the update process.
Actually, I've just ran an update - saw this module being updated, but all the "No Man's Land" entries in the library still point to "Sign of the Territories".

The problem is highlighted in red in the code below. Each entry in the <chap-300> section of the library is linked to the same encounter (story) record.

<chap-300>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referenceindex</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">No Man's Land</name>
<description type="sw_formattedtext">
<p>After surviving another assault by Black Dog, the rest of the trip up and through the Trincheras Pass is uneventful. The terrain is not overly steep and the trail skirts the edges of a few draws and never becomes particularly challenging. In fact, the transition is so gentle, the heroes are almost through the pass before they realize they're crossing the apex.</p>
<p>On the other side lies Colorado.and the Disputed Territories. The Disputed Territories are the domain of War and it's not long before the heroes get their first taste of the Reckoner's handiwork.</p>
</description>
<index>
<sec-001>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referencetext</class>
<recordname>encounter.id-00021</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Sign of the Territories</name>
</sec-001>
<sec-002>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Keep Off the Grass</name>
</sec-002>
<sec-003>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Legal Troubles</name>
</sec-003>
<sec-004>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Dog Leg</name>
</sec-004>
<sec-005>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Unexpected Allies</name>
</sec-005>
<sec-006>
</listlink>
<name type="string">The Battle of Gault's Gulch</name>
</sec-006>
<sec-007>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Aftermath</name>
</sec-007>
<sec-008>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Trail's Emd</name>
</sec-008>
</index>
</chap-300>

lokiare
August 16th, 2016, 19:13
This module was moved to the vault for those that know what that means. If you cannot find out how its not working and none of the fixes above work, then go into your Fantasy Grounds folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds) and rename a file called "content.dat" to "content.old.dat", go into the module folder and move the module "DLRBD1FG2" out of that folder, then run an update. Be warned it will redownload all modules that you own which might take some time and bandwidth if you have a lot of titles. Then open your campaign go to Library->modules and then open and close the book for this module and then right click and hit revert.

Tell us if that fixes it.

(Trenloe, I actually fixed that in the module so its something to do with the update process).

Trenloe
August 16th, 2016, 19:20
go into the module folder and move the module "DLRBD1FG2" out of that folder, then run an update.
This is the key - FG was still accessing the old .mod file in the modules directory. Remove that file and FG will read the module from content.dat.

Note: running an update in FG v3.1.7 always re-downloads the whole content.dat file, even if you haven't renamed it. My content.dat file is currently 1.3GB in size and every time I run an update this is re-created (yes, downloading 1.3GB each time). I know this changes in v3.2.0.

lokiare
August 16th, 2016, 20:18
This is the key - FG was still accessing the old .mod file in the modules directory. Remove that file and FG will read the module from content.dat.

Note: running an update in FG v3.1.7 always re-downloads the whole content.dat file, even if you haven't renamed it. My content.dat file is currently 1.3GB in size and every time I run an update this is re-created (yes, downloading 1.3GB each time). I know this changes in v3.2.0.

Definitely. The key thing is that renaming content.dat forces it to re-download and use the new modules. I'm looking forward to v3.2.0!

Tatertron
August 16th, 2016, 23:15
Thanks guys! i will try this as soon as i get a chance (work up the courage)

Trenloe
August 17th, 2016, 00:09
Definitely. The key thing is that renaming content.dat forces it to re-download and use the new modules.
As mentioned above - you do not need to rename content.dat. In FG v3.1.7 running an update *always* recreates content.dat, with or without manually deleting it. All I had to do here (after running a normal update) was remove DLRBD1FG2.mod from the FG modules directory.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2016, 00:27
Thanks guys! i will try this as soon as i get a chance (work up the courage)
@Taterton - as you've already ran an update after lokiare1 had pushed the fix to the update system, the first thing you should try is rename DLRBD1FG2.mod in the <FG App data>\modules directory to DLRBD1FG2.mod.old and then start up your SW campaign and then right-click and select "Revert Changes" (if it's there) on the module in the Module activation screen (no need to open/close it) and see if the changes are there. If not, then run an update and check again.