PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset supercession

Moriarity
August 11th, 2016, 18:31
I DM with Complete MM (DD Dungeon Masters Guide), Complete MM (DD MM Monster Manual) and DD PHB Deluxe using Ultimate version of FG. My players have only the basic manuals that come with the game and (most) play using the free version of FG.

My question is...Does the Complete MM supercede DD5E SRD Bestiary and does that supercede DD Basic Rules -DM or do I have to have all the ruleset manuals activated? Same goes for PHB Deluxe, DD5E SRD Data and DD Basic Rules Player. And there's the DDSE SRT Data item too - where does that fit in?

At the moment, I've got everything open and it's difficult to work our which manual/guide things are sourced from.

Mortar
August 11th, 2016, 18:59
You only need the "Complete" modules open. Both you and your players can close everything else. Share the PHB in the module activation window (put the green check mark beside it) and your players can use it while they are connected to your game.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2016, 20:20
And Welcome!

Moriarity
August 11th, 2016, 20:24
Thanks for the swift response :D

Talyn
August 11th, 2016, 21:57
I think if your players built their characters on their own PCs with the free FG (therefore using the SRD) that you'd need to have the SRD active/enabled so they can click the stuff they built their characters with. However if they connect to your FG server and use your shared PHB then no need for the SRD.

Moriarity
August 13th, 2016, 01:19
I'll make sure they're all using characters from my server. Thanks for the help.