PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Developers - DSA Das Schwartz Auge (The Dark Eye)

ddavison
August 11th, 2016, 17:12
The Dark Eye is a popular German game that was recently Kickstarted to publish the game in English. There were over 1600 backers and $147K US for this game and DSA routinely shows up on games played for Fantasy Grounds even though it isn't included on any of our official game releases or even on the wiki. We are looking for one or more community developers to build out a new system based on CoreRPG to cover the English version of the game. Fantasy Grounds supports basic localization, so enterprising developers might consider building one that allows for a German and English version depending on which string resource file is referenced.

System Requirements:

Must be built on top of CoreRPG
Must include a custom skin and basic graphics for buttons distinct to the ruleset but can be pulled from the PDF and trade dressing
Must provide a fairly automated character sheet
Must include a fairly automated combat tracker
Must include records and forms for NPCs, items, spells and whatever else makes sense for The Dark Eye
Development time from start to finish should be 6 months or less
Access to art and text assets will be provided
Library modules containing the entirety of the The Dark Eye Core Rules are required to be available upon release
The Witch's Dance adventure module can be delivered separately but the person making the ruleset has priority on the ability to release any modules for the ruleset
You can use any scripts, XML or LUA from any of our other existing rulesets or products

If you are interested, please contact [email protected] and provide any samples of work that you've done to date. Our standard commission rate is 15% for all sales on our site and on Steam, based off Net sale price.

To read more about the Kickstarter, check here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1216685848/the-dark-eye-rpgenglish-edition

Targas
August 11th, 2016, 17:33
The Dark Eye is a popular German game that was recently Kickstarted to publish the game in English. There were over 1600 backers and $147K US for this game and DSA routinely shows up on games played for Fantasy Grounds even though it isn't included on any of our official game releases or even on the wiki. We are looking for one or more community developers to build out a new system based on CoreRPG to cover the English version of the game. Fantasy Grounds supports basic localization, so enterprising developers might consider building one that allows for a German and English version depending on which string resource file is referenced.

System Requirements:

Must be built on top of CoreRPG
Must include a custom skin and basic graphics for buttons distinct to the ruleset but can be pulled from the PDF and trade dressing
Must provide a fairly automated character sheet
Must include a fairly automated combat tracker
Must include records and forms for NPCs, items, spells and whatever else makes sense for The Dark Eye
Development time from start to finish should be 6 months or less
Access to art and text assets will be provided
Library modules containing the entirety of the The Dark Eye Core Rules are required to be available upon release
The Witch's Dance adventure module can be delivered separately but the person making the ruleset has priority on the ability to release any modules for the ruleset
You can use any scripts, XML or LUA from any of our other existing rulesets or products

If you are interested, please contact [email protected] and provide any samples of work that you've done to date. Our standard commission rate is 15% for all sales on our site and on Steam, based off Net sale price.

To read more about the Kickstarter, check here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1216685848/the-dark-eye-rpgenglish-edition
You should have a look at www.drachenzwinge.de
As far as I know some gamers created a ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 2 there in the past...
If you want more details I can check it, as I might know the programmer ;-)
Btw. can you tell me what happened with the Last Mine of Phandelver translation, I sent you half a year ago ?

Frostgeneral
August 12th, 2016, 14:40
For further Informations please contact "Lule" and "Eisenkessel", who developed the german ruleset :)

You should have a look at www.drachenzwinge.de
As far as I know some gamers created a ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 2 there in the past...

ddavison
August 12th, 2016, 14:42
We have reached out to the original authors of the German ruleset but they were not interested in working on the new version. In addition, there would be some significant rework to build it off of CoreRPG as opposed to merely updating the existing system.

Muwak
January 9th, 2018, 18:58
Has there been any progress so far? I'd love to see an Ruleset for the 5th Edition

ddavison
January 9th, 2018, 19:14
Has there been any progress so far? I'd love to see an Ruleset for the 5th Edition

No, unfortunately not.

mir
June 9th, 2019, 03:11
Hi. I'd love to see a ruleset for DSA / TDE 5th edition as well...
What is the best ruleset currently available (4/5 ed)?

I somehow didn't get any reply from the Drachenzwinge registration and can only register once per pc. Therefore I can't see the ruleset available... Does it still exist?
Are there any other links available for rulesets?

Cheers
Dan

mir
June 9th, 2019, 05:43
Hi. I'd love to see a ruleset for DSA / TDE 5th edition as well...
What is the best ruleset currently available (4/5 ed)?

I somehow didn't get any reply from the Drachenzwinge registration and can only register once per pc. Therefore I can't see the ruleset available... Does it still exist?
Are there any other links available for rulesets?

Cheers
Dan

mir
June 9th, 2019, 05:45
Registration worked finally. Also looking forward to an official version of the rulesets with support from Ulisses? and the option for English language support when playing with international friends. This would also help to get a growth of English players!

Imiri
June 9th, 2019, 07:09
So far only 4th is fully supported (but TDE is 5th not 4th). 5th has only the beta ruleset which is to different to the final English rules the TDE players know.

You can try to do the English translation yourself. Did that for the beta of the 5th once.

No official ruleset in sight - even so that might change.

mir
June 10th, 2019, 01:20
Hi and thanks for info!
How did you edit the Pak file for translation?

Do you have the translated Pak for 5beta?
Cheers dan

So far only 4th is fully supported (but TDE is 5th not 4th). 5th has only the beta ruleset which is to different to the final English rules the TDE players know.

You can try to do the English translation yourself. Did that for the beta of the 5th once.

No official ruleset in sight - even so that might change.

Imiri
June 10th, 2019, 07:57
Just open the .pak-file which is a zip file renamed. go to the folder strings and open the file and edit them with an editor like notepad or notepad++
Thats quite easy - but so far i have not done it for all of them, as changing the functionality from BETA to fifth edition is so much more complicated than this. See attached file as an example.

mir
June 12th, 2019, 04:55
Thanks for the information. I will ask Ulisses. It might help getting more players into TDE DSA... And great while the Kickstarter campaigns are running too...

Imiri
June 12th, 2019, 06:38
Good luck and tell me if there is some new development. As far as I heared from Drachenzwinge.de it is not an easy task.