PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Character Sheet for SW

Springroll
August 11th, 2016, 12:29
I'm creating a Weird War I module for FG and I would want to be able to have the "Derived Stat" of Sanity in the Character Sheet, can I add it using XML and if so how do I do that?

damned
August 11th, 2016, 14:11
You will need to pull apart the current Character Sheet and see how it is done.
You would add it as an Extension.

Mortar
August 11th, 2016, 14:19
Its done with a mix of XML and LUA. There is supposed to be a derived stat extension here on the forums somewhere, but my search-fu has failed me. I was given a simple script to make it appear on the character sheet, then stumbled through figuring out how to make it auto populate at character generation for my Weird Wars Rome theme.

PM inbound

Talyn
August 11th, 2016, 14:19
Doesn't Weird War 1 already come with an extension that does this? Pretty sure it does. If not, send a PM to Mortar he did the WW1 conversion.

Disregard: He did Weird War Rome. Shame we can't delete our replies on the forum.

Springroll
August 11th, 2016, 14:23
Doesn't Weird War 1 already come with an extension that does this? Pretty sure it does. If not, send a PM to Mortar he did the WW1 conversion.
Oh, so there's an conversion? That's good to know :)
Anyway I need to learn how to do it as I also want to convert Achtung! Cthulhu and Shaintar for my own games...

Mortar
August 11th, 2016, 14:35
Weird War 1 hasn't been converted yet, as far as I know. There was someone going to do it, but I am not sure if he will be able to or not. If not, I have had my eye on converting it (I like the theme of he Weird War settings) as well as the other two you mentioned. I am a freak...I like playing in XML ;)

Mask_of_winter
August 11th, 2016, 15:04
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22039-Ikael-s-extensions-for-Savage-Worlds-4-testing

Trenloe
August 11th, 2016, 20:57
I would want to be able to have the "Derived Stat" of Sanity in the Character Sheet...
It's included in the Horror Companion:

Available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=S2P10502FG2

This is a FG product that is not currently in the encrypted content archive so you could get the companion and have a look at the extension code to see how it's done. Or have the Horror Companion as a pre-req?

Talyn
August 11th, 2016, 21:58
Ikeal actually built an "API" for the Savage World stuff to do that so you don't actually need any of the companions. Just a quick extension to fire off a very short Lua script that will add the Derived Stat.

Talyn
August 11th, 2016, 22:24
Here, I whipped up a quickie extension that registers Sanity as a Derived Stat. Feel free to unzip it and poke around the very short code.

Edit: I'm an idiot and kept some commented code from my extension that I made this from. Here's the even smaller version without that, lol.

Springroll
August 12th, 2016, 06:25
Here, I whipped up a quickie extension that registers Sanity as a Derived Stat. Feel free to unzip it and poke around the very short code.

Edit: I'm an idiot and kept some commented code from my extension that I made this from. Here's the even smaller version without that, lol.

Thank you! This forum is great! :)