PDA

View Full Version : LFG, New To FG - D&D

BCarter
August 11th, 2016, 05:25
Greetings!

Recently decided to give Fantasy Grounds a try, I've had it on my wishlist via steam for quite some time.

I've been playing D&D since way back in the days of Chainmail (if your old enough to remember back that far). I've played every version (and own the books). Forgotten Realms is by far my favorite campaign setting. And I've DMed a LOT of campaigns over the years....but just looking to play for now with some similar minded mature folks. I've also played some old Star Wars RPG, Star Trek, and a few others. Had the books once for the original release of rolemaster, but could never get folks interested in it.

I'm looking for a group of folks that are mature, don't think they have to cuss every second word to talk, and keep it family friendly. Sorry, but I don't like playing with folks that think they have to be drunk or be high to play....and I won't stick around in a group that has a member with a foul mouth or is an obnoxious twit. And importantly, whoever the GM is, needs to have a bit of patience while I learn the ropes of playing with FG. I prefer playing good aligned characters, and generally prefer to be on the "Good" side of "good vs evil".

I'm a bit rusty at the rules I suspect, as it's been a couple of years since we got the family together and managed to get much play time.

One final thought, I'm on call 24/7 and until I retire, not much I can do about it. It don't happen often, but on occasion I have to drop and run at a moments notice....and I can be gone for hours when I do get called out.

Weekends work best for me but might be able to work in a weeknight as long as you don't keep this old fart up way past his bed time. Not sure I could do the whole weekend long D&D Binge thing anymore......I'm in Central USA so Central times would be best..say between 1800 to 2200

If your looking to start up a group, or a campaign, I'd like to give FG a shot and get involved.

Hope to find a group that is a good fit....look forward to hearing from you!

BC

JohnD
August 11th, 2016, 06:27
Hey welcome. I'm sure you'll find something. Be proactive and approach DMs who post looking for players.

I am on hiatus right now but may have an opening later in the fall (campaigns listed below).

dmkevin
August 11th, 2016, 12:23
Welcome BCarter,

I'm sure you'll have a great time.