PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request

Snikle
August 29th, 2005, 01:59
I would like to see the ability to label a token, just the instance of the token though, not a label that stays permanently with the token. For example, say right click on a token and one option is label, this label is only for that particular token as well. So if I had two of the same tokens (say two orcs), I could label one Orc1 and the other Orc2. This would be nice when you have large groups of tokens, you could merely hover over a token and it's name would pop up like a tooltip.

Whisper
August 29th, 2005, 02:33
Was thinking that would be a good feature. Having a fight with loads of monsters and trying to keep track which one is which is cumbersome at best.

Also, I was thinking it would be nice if players couldn't delete tokens. Sure the GM can lock them so the player can make a move without the GMs consent but players can delete tokens which can be irritating at times (whether it's by accident or on purpose).

kalmarjan
August 29th, 2005, 03:06
You can label the tokens whatever you wish. I label two tokens that are the same, like Orc1 and Orc2. When you hover over them, they have a tooltip that displays this.

Cheers,

Snikle
August 29th, 2005, 03:12
Can I ask how you are doing this? I have looked and I cannot figure out a way to label a token.

Whisper
August 29th, 2005, 03:31
I am with Snikle on this one...

Tokens that come with FG nor tokens I've downloaded have the option of naming. I doesn't matter if I hover over them or use the functionality provided in right clicking. Right clicking gives me rotate left, rotate right, delete token, delete all tokens and locking tokens.

Using my middle mouse button, I can rotate the tokens.

Is there a keyboard stroke/mouse combo to name them?

Snikle
August 29th, 2005, 03:39
CoOl! I missed the middle scroll button spinner! That is a great shortcut!

Goblin-King
August 29th, 2005, 06:23
You label tokens by dragging text onto a token. You can use the chat entry area (without hitting enter) and drag from there or use another source such as the name field of the combat tracker.

This is one of the features we've been working on with the patches, and unfortunately not all of them have made their way into the manual, sorry about that. We will be updating it with new information after the next patch is out.

Crusader
August 29th, 2005, 07:14
Hey, you learn a new thing every day! Great! :D

Ilwan
August 29th, 2005, 10:36
Wow, thats nice

Whisper
August 30th, 2005, 03:32
Ya, we spin the tokens to "tap" them (think Magic the Gathering), allowing myself and the players the ability to see who has attacked/made an action in a combat round and who hasn't. Most times it's not an issue but a larger scale battle makes "tap" more necessary. It's visual for the players and GM and easy to do.

Snikle
August 30th, 2005, 04:22
Just wonder if this is a bug, or planned. If you label a token, then move it off the map, drop it, then move itback onto the map, it no longer will have a label. Doesnt matter much to me, adding a label is not hard, just am curious if this is planned or a bug. Thought I would bring to your attention.

Crusader
August 30th, 2005, 05:50
My guess is that it was meant that way, the label is only stored within the context of that particular image. Otherwise you'd probably end up confused when tokens have labels that was meant for a completely different situation.