PDA

View Full Version : savage world crashes

Syndrome
August 10th, 2016, 21:51
its been a while since ive played and i started it back up recently and tried to open up some old campaigns of mine on savage worlds and it all it does it crash for me. Ive now tried creating new campaigns and totally removing everything and reinstalling fantasy grounds as well as both the savage worlds.pak files and its still crashing for me. any idea what should i try next because i cant start savage worlds 4 or 3.5 at this point without it crashing

Skellan
August 10th, 2016, 23:09
weird. shoot an email support perhaps?

I think I had something similar happen once and it was related to a change in where fantasy grounds was storing files - I think it used to be app data but now it isn't. Perhaps check Fg is fully uninstalled from everywhere and restart? It is a guess though.

Welcome back by the way mate - I hope we can game together soon :)

Trenloe
August 10th, 2016, 23:15
See if any of the options in this thread help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Syndrome
August 11th, 2016, 08:25
i tried all the options and still having it crash while it tries to load the ruleset

damned
August 11th, 2016, 10:23
Have you got any unpacked corerpg or savageworlds folders in your rulesets folder?

Syndrome
August 11th, 2016, 10:58
i did have a couple folders in there that i removed... but no change on the issue.. it wasnt corerpg or savage worlds though

Syndrome
August 11th, 2016, 11:05
figured the issue out or at least resolved it... deleted the apps data folder at the new location and then uninstalled and reinstalled and did the updates and it worked... thanks for all the advice