PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New D&D and FG Player - Erratic Work Schedule - Teach Me!

JustinRRizzo
August 10th, 2016, 19:36
I work as a house parent at a children's home in Pennsylvania. I work 12 days on and 3 days off. I typically have time and internet access on a weekly basis after 8:00 PM Eastern Time Zone.

I am familiar with general D&D gameplay. I have played many of the Baldur's Gate type games and in the past read through the version 3.0 players handbook. I could never find a group to play with so that fizzled away.

This software looks great. Before I buy a license, I'd be appreciated if someone with an Ultimate license wouldn't mind DM a mini or even full campaign with me to help me both learn the software and version 5 rules/gameplay.

PM me or respond if you are interested. I'd join one of these DM LFG posts in the forums, but as I said, my schedule is very dissimilar to a normal work schedule and I don't want to hold anyone's games up.

timdog88
August 10th, 2016, 19:56
I am running a one-shot(single game, not a campaign) of D&D 5th set in the Primeval Thule universe this Friday at 9pm eastern. I'd be happy to have you join and try to show you the ropes. If you're interested, just PM me or look for the calendar entry and sign up.

JohnD
August 10th, 2016, 20:12
Holy crap that's one heck of a killer work schedule!

Welcome to FG. Hope you find a game! :)

Talyn
August 10th, 2016, 20:30
Ha, you think your work schedule is wack? You should see mine! LOL I've only managed to get one FG game so far in 4-5 months because of my schedule. (Totally different every day, every week, every month...)

But good luck, it sounds like you'll actually have a way easier time than you think you will.

JustinRRizzo
August 10th, 2016, 22:21
I am running a one-shot(single game, not a campaign) of D&D 5th set in the Primeval Thule universe this Friday at 9pm eastern. I'd be happy to have you join and try to show you the ropes. If you're interested, just PM me or look for the calendar entry and sign up.

Sounds great Tim. I don't see it on the calendar and I have a trial license. I probably should have specified that. My bad. Do you carry an Ultimate license?

timdog88
August 11th, 2016, 00:01
Here is the calendar link:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2125

And yes, I have an ultimate license. I will open the table up early so that you can start making a character.

JustinRRizzo
August 12th, 2016, 16:12
Today is my first day back to work. Sometimes, depending on the home we are covering, it can be hectic.

However I should be able to make it tonight. I have pre-loaded the software on my laptop as well.

Looking forward to it. If it does not work out tonight I will have to catch you the next time. Thanks!