PDA

View Full Version : extensions needed.

tlavalle
August 10th, 2016, 02:17
I am going to run a pathfinder AP Rise of the Runelords. I have yet to use the pathfinder ruleset what do i need to use for a pathfinder game?

Talyn
August 10th, 2016, 03:09
Create a campaign and use the PFRPG ruleset. That's the SRD version of Pathfinder, since Paizo is currently not licensing the game to anyone. Which also means you'll have to convert RotRL on your own because it's against the OGL to distribute their protected material. NPCs however are not protected and in the Pathfinder forums is a thread where people have already packaged all the NPCs for the APs. But you'll have to convert the story text and maps yourself unfortunately. Google will come up with some awesome maps that people have made and give away free though so it's not all that bad.

Nylanfs
August 10th, 2016, 03:18
Isn't RotRL one of the ones that Paizo approved distribution if you could prove ownership? Ie print screen of your orders page sent to somebody that has RotRL already. Or was that only the PFS legal modules?

tlavalle
August 10th, 2016, 03:39
i have all the digital books, and the interactive maps

damned
August 10th, 2016, 03:54
It is only for PFS legal material - one version of RotRL is PFS legal....

tlavalle
August 10th, 2016, 04:23
I was just wondering what extensions do i need to run the AP.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2016, 05:12
You don't "need" any specific extensions.

Look through the extensions list: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15925-List-of-Extensions And see if there are any there that provide functionality you might like.

The ones I normally use are: Player Effect Removal, Enhanced Images Extension (image layers), Drag Party Sheet Skill Rolls to the HotKey bar, Encounters: auto CR and XP calculation

And GM PC Ownership, Random Card Extension, Expanded language fonts, Message of the Day from the CoreRPG list: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-Extensions

Blahness98
August 10th, 2016, 22:32
Even though it just was developed, I have gotten a lot of milage out of the delay extension. But Tren's list is pretty much what I run with.

tlavalle
August 17th, 2016, 06:08
will give it a closer look