PDA

View Full Version : Parsing dragonborn breathe weapon

ppostel
August 8th, 2016, 20:41
I typed in word for word the description of a dragonborn PC I rolled up but for the life of me cannot figure out if there is a way to parse the breathe weapon ability (i.e. right click and select "Reparse"). The Reparse selection does not come up. I'm hoping there is a way to parse the saving throw the target would need to make and to have it reset after a short or long rest.

I currently have it under the Actions tab as an ability. Does anyone mind giving me some step by step on how to do this, if it is even possible?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks!

- Paul

Trenloe
August 8th, 2016, 20:55
This has been discussed a few times in the forums before. One such thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24804-Adding-breath-weapons-to-dragonborn-characters

If that doesn't answer your question, search for "dragon breath" using the "Site Search" link in the top of this page to see other discussions that may help.

BlueDrake
August 8th, 2016, 20:58
I'm at work and don't have FG in front of me, but I'll try to help out.

If it won't parse correctly you can just add a damage type effect to the ability. In the radial menu there's a button to add an effect that opens another radial menu where you can select the type of effect (you'll want damage, I think it looks like a blood drop if I remember). Once you add that damage effect you can manually edit it by clicking the magnifying glass next to the damage line.

To set the ability up so it resets on a rest you need to change the action tab to Preparation mode and you'll be able to set the ability up for use 1/rest. It will then reset on either a short or a long rest.

ppostel
August 9th, 2016, 14:48
Yours truly is an idiot. ��

I wasn't right clicking on the correct location. I tried it again. It parsed and works perfectly!

Thanks for the help!

- Paul