PDA

View Full Version : Question about adding maps to the demo

longarms
August 28th, 2005, 08:26
HI am thinking about trying this software. Playing around with the demo right now.

If I create a map by hand and scan it in as a JPG, can I add that map? I can't seem to figure out how. When I select the "new map" option, I just get a blank map to draw on with the pen. I want to load in my JPG of a scanned map instead.

Thanks in advance.

PS I will probably want to try playing in someone elses game before I try to DM some games. I can play 2ed or 3.5ed D&D. Email me if you need a player.

Crusader
August 28th, 2005, 08:40
To add a map into Fantasy Grouds you copy the file to the image-directory of the campaign that you are using.

Goblin-King
August 28th, 2005, 12:23
You can't import images into the demo.

In the retail version, you can import images in most of the most common bitmap formats (GIF, JPG, PNG etc.) into the program by dropping them into a folder. You can do this on the fly while you play if you wish.

longarms
August 28th, 2005, 19:49
Thanks for helping.

I just purchased a full license. The 1.05 patch coming sounds awesome. A zoom feature and a minimap are the best thing you could add. I looked at several other programs before deciding to buy fantasy grounds and good mapping features where a key selling point for me.

I also really wanted multimonitor support, but ohh well, fantasy grounds is high enough quality to make up for that.

Crusader
August 28th, 2005, 20:14
I also really wanted multimonitor support, but ohh well, fantasy grounds is high enough quality to make up for that.

I think I read something about that on these forums way back when I first bought FG...

Crusader
August 28th, 2005, 20:38
...but I can't seem to find it now. :? Did I just dream this up?

Oh well!