PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds 50 Fathoms - Wednesdays

R.I.K
August 6th, 2016, 20:21
We are expanding the crew.
Do you have the guts to be a pirate?
Do you hunger for blood, woman's, Rum and gold. Do you say yes to at least two of them!
Then join the brave crew of captain Thork on the Dirty Bitch.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2123
================================================== ======

Water, water, everywhere, and not a drop todrink
The world is drowning. The natives say a trio of witches, triplets with raven-black hair and eyes to atch, were discovered working dark sorcery in the masaquani city-state of Ograpog. The three were tried, sentenced by King Amemnus himself, and bound to posts at the edge of Ograpog’s cliffs to drown with the rising tide. With their dying breath, the witches cursed Caribdus, the land itself, to drown as they were, under 50 fathoms of the cold dark sea.

Those that survived adapted to their new life to the drowning world. Crab-like Scurillians, massive Grael, lonely Doreen, mysterious Kraken, cruel Kehana, and the near-human Masaquani now sail the dark seas aside the new arrivals from Earth’s, The natives calls them “visitors.” They seem to come from various lands in a world called “Earth,” between the years of 1400 to 1815. dashing corsairs, bloodthirsty bucaneers, and savage sea dogs drawn from the mists of earth on unfamiliar tides. Many believe these visitors are destined to defeat the Sea Hags and save Caribdus from its watery grave, but most seem interested only in joining the plunder of forgotten treasures in a drowning world.

What kind of a hero will you be!... or what will you become?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14953&d=1470510744
• Human - new arrivals "visitors" from Earth’s age of Piracy: dashing corsairs, bloodthirsty bucaneers, and savage sea dogs.
• Doreen - dolphin-like humanoids. The 'grey people' are air breathers but can hold their breath for a long time.
• Kehana - a race of cruel fishmen who are the mortal enemies of the Doreen.
• Grael - a large, dim-witted race of sealion-men.
• Atani - beautific avian race that glide on the ocean breeze. They live in the huge trees of the last remaining*Carroway forest.
• Kraken - an unnerving and magically gifted race. Their once powerful navy assaulted the Hags at their lair in the Devils Cross. The remains of
thousands of ships are the jetsam of the Flotsam Sea. A single Great Ship captained by High Admiral Caspian gathered the surviving
warriors and mages. The few Kraken that remain are lone wanderers.
• Masaquani - the dominant inhabitants of Caribdus. The Masaquani developed much like humans through the dark ages but missed the feudal
period, including development of armor and gun-powder instead having the us of magic. They are an exotic race*extreme*in
their biological diversity. They quickly adapted to the Visitor's gun-powder however.
• The Red Men (half-Ugak's) - avage barbarians like red-tinged neanderthals that are strong but cultural outcasts.
• Scurillians - a small group of sentient giant crabs. They were the result of a powerful Kraken mage mixing magics. Once sentient, they
revolted and destroyed their maker.

playingtime around 3 - 4 hours.

[I]--> Session Zero will be Wednesday, Aug 10th 8pm CET.

Skellan
August 7th, 2016, 00:08
Very exciting.

RIK is a really good GM. I am sure this will be a brilliant campaign

Kieran Redhead
August 7th, 2016, 16:39
I would love to play but I'm new to Savage Worlds but I am quick to pick up new things. So if it's ok I would need a helping hand to start off with and show me the ropes as I have only played D&D 5E as yet.

Lysander
August 7th, 2016, 17:55
Once you play Savage Worlds, I bet 50gp you'll love it! (...as said by a converted D&D'er...)

RIK can show you the ropes. It's pretty easy to set up a character in whatever setting you'll be in. If I could find a way for my boss to let me off work 3 hours or so early on Wednesday, I'd sign up...

Kieran Redhead
August 7th, 2016, 18:00
Well I'm playing a one shot at the moment so ill have to see for myself hehe. But thanks for the input.

Nemori
August 7th, 2016, 23:59
Looking forward to this, I've been hearing only good things about 50 Fathoms.

Skellan
August 8th, 2016, 00:02
Yeah me too. The plot point campaign is supposed to be really good.

R.I.K
August 8th, 2016, 18:52
I'm not feeling any kind of pressure at all :ninja:
I'll be sending some PM server information tomorrow.

Kieran Redhead
August 8th, 2016, 18:59
Yeah I played a one shot on savage world's with Nemori as DM and I had a lot of fun actually. Would there be an opportunity to possibly create a character before the game?

R.I.K
August 8th, 2016, 19:41
Yeah I played a one shot on savage world's with Nemori as DM and I had a lot of fun actually. Would there be an opportunity to possibly create a character before the game?

Character creation will be part of Session Zero on Wednesday.
The adventure starts when all are done with their characters. :)

Kieran Redhead
August 8th, 2016, 19:52
Ah ok. Well I might need a hand with that but I'm sure yourself and Nemori will be able to help me.

Skellan
August 8th, 2016, 20:31
Character creation is pretty relaxed in savage worlds. It will be good to create our group together.

Kieran Redhead
August 8th, 2016, 20:56
Sweet. What time is it again? GMT wise I'm asking cause I believe it's around 8pm my time.

Skellan
August 9th, 2016, 00:50
Its 7pm for you. I am GMT too :)

Kieran Redhead
August 9th, 2016, 07:16
Ah ok my apologies.

Kieran Redhead
August 10th, 2016, 22:54
Had a top night guys. Thanks a lot for the immense fun and hope to see you all on the 24th.

Thork hope to kill more giant monkies

R.I.K
August 10th, 2016, 22:55
Phew.. The Heroes survived.. but all the crew where smashed like flies by a giant Monkape.
Savage kills :pirate:

Skellan
August 10th, 2016, 23:02
That monkey had a mean streak a mile wide. Glad we had a Thork! I thought I was going to lose another character. Savage! :rv:

Kieran Redhead
August 10th, 2016, 23:10
Thork save fancy man. Thork and fancy man friends?

Skellan
August 10th, 2016, 23:23
Thork is definitely my friend, you earned a lions share of the dinosaur meat tonight

Nemori
August 11th, 2016, 00:05
Hey, playing a crab was fun. I'll be definitely looking forward to the next game :)

Skellan
August 11th, 2016, 01:18
Yeah, the crab was nail hard - that shoot/pincer attack combo was awesome :)

Lysander
August 18th, 2016, 23:51
Was there a game last night? I must 50 fathoms vicariously thru you guys...

Skellan
August 19th, 2016, 00:28
Nah, its fortnightly.

We make waves again next week

Lysander
September 10th, 2016, 02:01
Did this end, or are there more adventures to come?

R.I.K
September 10th, 2016, 11:03
No the game is still on : )

A quick recap.

The Heroes did find an old stranted little skiff (in bad shape) named "The Dirty Bicth" on the beach of Torath-Ka. And while they tried to finde a way to fix the skiff a heat-wave hit the area. Same day a group of gaint crabs attack them. after the fight the stink from the crops and heat lured a giant Monkape to the beach. After a great teamwork fight they killed the beast. The remains from the ape and crabs where used to repair the skiff. They sat sails to Brigandy Bay where they are at the moment and are trying to rescue a women called Annie Mason who is being held here against her will to plausre men or whoever is the need of company. That's where we are now.

R.I.K
September 25th, 2016, 19:25
We are expanding the crew.
Do you have the guts to be a pirate?
Do you hunger for blood, woman's, Rum and gold. Do you say yes to at least two of them!
Then join the brave crew of captain Thork on the Dirty Bitch.

Kieran Redhead
September 25th, 2016, 19:28
Yes! Show your love for Captain Thork!

Ducky119
October 24th, 2016, 16:39
Hi there! Do you still have space for another player? :)

R.I.K
October 24th, 2016, 20:21
Hi there! Do you still have space for another player? :)

There is indeed a free spot. And the crew just managed to get their greedy fingers on a much bigger ship.

Just sign up here:

https://www.ubisoft.co.jp/ac4/about/img/naval/about_naval_ph_c_lg.jpg

Ducky119
October 24th, 2016, 20:24
There is indeed a free spot. And the crew just managed to get their greedy fingers on a much bigger ship.

Just sign up here:

https://www.ubisoft.co.jp/ac4/about/img/naval/about_naval_ph_c_lg.jpg

Great, signing up right away, PM me the details if you would be so kind :)

justenrules
October 24th, 2016, 23:19
Any more free spots? I've never played savage worlds but this seems like a very interesting game.

R.I.K
October 25th, 2016, 19:08
Any more free spots? I've never played savage worlds but this seems like a very interesting game.

Indeed there is. More fresh meat.... Crew I meant crew...: )

Just sign up here:

justenrules
October 27th, 2016, 03:53
Alright I'm signed up, should I just do character creation at the beginning of next session or would you like to handle that at a different time?

R.I.K
October 28th, 2016, 17:04
Great, signing up right away, PM me the details if you would be so kind :)
AND

Alright I'm signed up, should I just do character creation at the beginning of next session or would you like to handle that at a different time?

Yes, we are going to build your characters on Wednesday.

I'll have the server up 30min earlier. Or else you can build the characters, while we play. It's pretty easy and fast to create a person in Savage Worlds.

I'll sendt the server info on monday.