PDA

View Full Version : Good 'Dungeon Crawls" in the FG store? (5e)

dudeslife
August 5th, 2016, 20:12
The longer time spent in tunnels, caverns, or corridors the better. Thanks

Fudly
August 5th, 2016, 20:55
Princes of the Apocalypse is mostly dungeon-crawls once you get past the beginning.

dudeslife
August 5th, 2016, 20:57
Princes of the Apocalypse is mostly dungeon-crawls once you get past the beginning.

sorry, I meant the out of the independent, non WotC stuff. and yes you are right about PoA. I love it.

Seya
August 5th, 2016, 22:22
C01: Alagoran’s Gem

The first adventure in Adventureaweek.com's Classic Series remembering Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson, David C. Sutherland III, and the origins of the Dungeons & Dragons game.

C1 is an extremely challenging, traditional dungeon crawl crafted in the style of old school D&D adventure modules. Make sure your players roll up extra characters, they're going to need 'em!

Brave a dungeon filled with ferocious monsters and deadly traps in an attempt to retrieve Alagoran’s Gem, a fabled gem coveted by lords and kings the world over.

Will your PCs conquer the dungeon and emerge with the rare gem, or meet their end inside, never to be heard from again?

dudeslife
August 5th, 2016, 22:37

The first adventure in Adventureaweek.com's Classic Series remembering Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson, David C. Sutherland III, and the origins of the Dungeons & Dragons game.

C1 is an extremely challenging, traditional dungeon crawl crafted in the style of old school D&D adventure modules. Make sure your players roll up extra characters, they're going to need 'em!

Brave a dungeon filled with ferocious monsters and deadly traps in an attempt to retrieve Alagoran’s Gem, a fabled gem coveted by lords and kings the world over.

Will your PCs conquer the dungeon and emerge with the rare gem, or meet their end inside, never to be heard from again?

yeah, that sounds good. The maps appear to be good quality (the best Ive seen from AAW)

Has anyone played Unknown Whom? Does that take place below ground?

Nickademus
August 5th, 2016, 23:29
It does. Though it's not a dungeon crawl. It's more of a 2-3 session mystery adventure in an underground complex.

Seya
August 5th, 2016, 23:32
It does. Though it's not a dungeon crawl. It's more of a 2-3 session mystery adventure in an underground complex.

Sounds cool I'll have to try it out thanks

drakonin
August 8th, 2016, 16:31
If you don't mind some conversion I really enjoy running The Emerald Spire superdungeon. It is a pathfinder module.

Fudly
August 8th, 2016, 16:51
If you don't mind some conversion I really enjoy running The Emerald Spire superdungeon. It is a pathfinder module.

Wait, can you convert adventures on the store from one ruleset to another? I thought everything being encrypted prevented that.

dudeslife
August 8th, 2016, 17:29

thanks I will check that one out.

Varsuuk
August 8th, 2016, 17:34
I am interested in this one eventually. I liked the idea of the throwback in style to old 70/80s era; but I see more in the C series but none of those specifically refer to being"Classic" inspired or mention the original TSR folks.

Did they just drop the classics theme after the first or its it just or marketing on their part?

drakonin
August 8th, 2016, 18:13
Wait, can you convert adventures on the store from one ruleset to another? I thought everything being encrypted prevented that.

Sorry I should have said manual labor, I picked up the PDF version then add the maps manually to FG. The rest is just adding the pins for encounters and whatever else you want to premake.