PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate NPCs: Skulduggery for 5e, Pathfinder and S&W has been shipped.

rob2e
August 4th, 2016, 18:59
Nord Games sent an email saying all material should have been received for Ultimate NPCs: Skullduggery.

Any timeline on the FG module?

JohnD
August 4th, 2016, 20:24
https://www.noholtzbarred.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/loose-lips-sink-ships-posters2.jpg

rob2e
August 4th, 2016, 20:26
https://www.noholtzbarred.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/loose-lips-sink-ships-posters2.jpg

wtf?

JohnD
August 4th, 2016, 20:41
I'm waiting for it too, but there doesn't seem to be any information forthcoming.

It looks like between the Tome of Beasts and Storm King, it's coming behind those in order.

rob2e
August 4th, 2016, 20:45
I'm waiting for it too, but there doesn't seem to be any information forthcoming.

It looks like between the Tome of Beasts and Storm King, it's coming behind those in order.

ToB is done already. I have it.

kylania
August 4th, 2016, 21:03
I got my book and NPC cards yesterday, fantastic product!

JohnD
August 5th, 2016, 05:31
According to email, it's getting close rob2e.

Myrdin Potter
August 6th, 2016, 08:01
And they just announced a new Kickstarter with a FG tier. Which I am now backing.

kylania
August 6th, 2016, 08:12
And they just announced a new Kickstarter with a FG tier. Which I am now backing.

To be honest I backed that one too without even looking. Going back and actually reading it, I'm even more exited about it. Instead of Yet Another Monster Manual it's going to be expanded and detailed "horde ecologies" kind of. All sorts of great details about different versions of the oft maligned goblins, orcs and such creatures!

Myrdin Potter
August 6th, 2016, 08:26
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nordgames/ultimate-bestiary-revenge-of-the-horde-new-5e-mons/description

And that is the link to the new KS.

JohnD
August 6th, 2016, 14:23
Yeah that one looks good - more variety in those races is a great addition.

JohnD
August 25th, 2016, 16:40
According to email, it's getting close rob2e.

Of course, one could be wrong about that.

rob2e
August 25th, 2016, 18:29
Of course, one could be wrong about that.

Ha! Dammit. I rolled a one on PATIENCE.

Mortar
August 25th, 2016, 18:48
Very good looking hardcover, I love the interior layout of it as well.

rob2e
August 25th, 2016, 18:55
Very good looking hardcover, I love the interior layout of it as well.

Stop teasing!!! Ha.

Mortar
August 25th, 2016, 19:15
But I'm not :p

I have it for PF. I have only ever played one session of 5e and more likely to run a game in PF.

JohnD
August 25th, 2016, 19:38
Ha! Dammit. I rolled a one on PATIENCE.

Your roll was better than mine it seems!

kylania
August 25th, 2016, 20:53
But I'm not :p

I have it for PF. I have only ever played one session of 5e and more likely to run a game in PF.

What is this? A Skullduggery for ants? :)

Mortar
August 25th, 2016, 21:12
Mice actually! For Redwall!!

jshauber
August 26th, 2016, 15:03
Love the book.

My only complaint is that they could have done a better job with classes. Too many rogues, no wizards/sorcerers or clerics. Some of the characters in there could just have easily been a spell caster and not a rogue and fit the background just as well if not better.

Still, very happy I backed it and will be using it extensively in FG when released.

JohnD
August 26th, 2016, 16:27
Love the book.

My only complaint is that they could have done a better job with classes. Too many rogues, no wizards/sorcerers or clerics. Some of the characters in there could just have easily been a spell caster and not a rogue and fit the background just as well if not better.

Still, very happy I backed it and will be using it extensively in FG when released.
Huh. I was under the impression they were going to be representing each class more or less equally. A bit disappointing IMO. Still, more ready made NPCs is a good thing.

JohnD
September 2nd, 2016, 16:52
As long as we aren't on to 6e by the time this comes out.

spite
September 3rd, 2016, 06:03
Yea I was wondering what the ETA is on this? Tome of Beasts came out not long after the official release, is this delayed a lot longer for any major reason?

Nilram the Grey
September 3rd, 2016, 23:17
It said April 2017. I backed it thanks to this thread. I really like using lots of humanoid creatures in my game making this the perfect missing extension to 5e for me. I wish they wouldn't have wasted space on PC versions of the creatures, but then I don't much care for or allow a lot of the exotic races as PCs. They always interfere with any campaign concept I've ever devised unless I just ignore PC race which I don't like conceptually.

spite
September 3rd, 2016, 23:31
It said April 2017. I backed it thanks to this thread. I really like using lots of humanoid creatures in my game making this the perfect missing extension to 5e for me. I wish they wouldn't have wasted space on PC versions of the creatures, but then I don't much care for or allow a lot of the exotic races as PCs. They always interfere with any campaign concept I've ever devised unless I just ignore PC race which I don't like conceptually.

April 2017? Are you talking about the Skulduggery or the new campaign they've just launched?

JohnD
September 4th, 2016, 02:36
That would have to be the follow-up. Or, Nilram knows something about how long we have to wait for Ultimate NPCs. :bandit:

Nilram the Grey
September 4th, 2016, 04:46
Sorry, I crossed my signals. I was giving the date for the Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde. I apologize for the mixup.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2016, 16:19
Run and update and see what you might find... ;)

"NGFG5EUNS"

JohnD
September 10th, 2016, 16:39
Noticing that spells and abilities don't populate in the CT. Is this because it's a third party product?

Also some attack information is jumbled together - usually missile attacks.

kylania
September 13th, 2016, 20:51
Noticing that spells and abilities don't populate in the CT. Is this because it's a third party product?

Also some attack information is jumbled together - usually missile attacks.

Spellcasting on some is missing information. It's typed in as Spell Casting instead of Spellcasting and it's missing "level" in the levels.

Spell Casting
1st (2 slots): Bleh, Bleh

Instead of:

Spellcasting
1st level (2 slots): Bleh, Blah

Aelar Oakenheel is one example of the spellcasting thing. Also Akirro is an example of messed up abilities:

https://i.imgur.com/R9EdIvb.jpg

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2016, 21:42
The developer is looking into various aspects of this volume. All of these aspects will get update idc, but thanks for reporting.
As I say he is looking into these things but if you want to continue to report it might perhaps be best if you did so in the 5E bugs thread and I'm more likely to pick them up.

Cheers.

arkanis
October 17th, 2016, 11:24
Huh. I was under the impression they were going to be representing each class more or less equally. A bit disappointing IMO. Still, more ready made NPCs is a good thing.

I should have read this thread thoroughly before purchasing this. :cry: Pretty dissapointing product.