PDA

View Full Version : So who else is NOT going to Gencon?

richvalle
August 4th, 2016, 17:37
Pretty much my whole gaming group is going, leaving me behind, the rats.

Nothing new in this though, since Gencon moved to Indy I've only been able to make it there once for a Sat/Sun visit. I had made it there every year it was in Milwaukee and one year before they moved to Milwaukee.

To make up for the sadness I'm buying some FG Savage Worlds stuff. I have to buy my happiness where I can.

rv

Skellan
August 4th, 2016, 17:47
The swines!

What sw stuff are you getting?

LordEntrails
August 4th, 2016, 17:48
lol, you Easterners. 300 hundred miles and its too far! For some of us out in the West that's just ACROSS town!

(Well, not quite, but it's funnier if I say it is)

NotRussellCrowe
August 4th, 2016, 18:04
I vote for GenCon being in Winnipeg next year!

richvalle
August 4th, 2016, 18:12
The swines!

What sw stuff are you getting?

I bought the Deadlands Ext as well as the Player one. And I bought the Coffin Rock pdf from Pinnacle.

richvalle
August 4th, 2016, 18:16
lol, you Easterners. 300 hundred miles and its too far! For some of us out in the West that's just ACROSS town!

(Well, not quite, but it's funnier if I say it is)

It's not distance so much as time and money. Since I had kids my last Milwaukee visits were limited to Sat/Sun trips. I'd REALLY like to bring them as they would have a blast but that's pretty serious money for 4 of us to go. And Indy is JUST a bit too far to go for a day trip.

It doesn't help that my boss is one of my friends and goes. Guess who has to stay and cover work while he's gone!

Guess who's going to be the first character to have his brains eaten out by some Zombie/Bug monster in Deadlands! :)

JohnD
August 4th, 2016, 19:24
I vote for GenCon being in Winnipeg next year!

Amen brother!

Myrdin Potter
August 4th, 2016, 20:13
I only have been to Gen Con once and it was in Lake Geneva then. For many years, if I was tempted to go, it conflicted with Pennsic and I could not clone myself. Now it would involve a cross country flight and I still would probably choose Pennsic. At least better than having to fly from Asia which was true for me quite a bit the last decade.

Talyn
August 5th, 2016, 06:25
I was gonna go but we're so short-handed at work they wouldn't even entertain the idea of me switching my days off so I could go.

Mask_of_winter
August 5th, 2016, 06:34
I'm going to this instead...

Mortar
August 5th, 2016, 06:41
Way ttoo many people at GenCon....so I'll be at Gencant with Mask

richvalle
August 5th, 2016, 12:35
I'm going to this instead...

Heh, that's awesome. I'm in!

richvalle
August 5th, 2016, 13:21
I only have been to Gen Con once and it was in Lake Geneva then. For many years, if I was tempted to go, it conflicted with Pennsic and I could not clone myself. Now it would involve a cross country flight and I still would probably choose Pennsic. At least better than having to fly from Asia which was true for me quite a bit the last decade.

Wow, that's just on a whole other level!

sjard
August 5th, 2016, 18:04
I'm another person who can't afford to travel a couple thousand miles for a con. Or afford to attend if the travel was free. Not that I haven't been invited to run various games there... almost every year. Maybe someday.