PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Critter Attacks

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 00:07
I am creating a library for Low Life using the Fantasy Toolkit including critter entries. When I test the critter attacks, unlike with characters, the system seems unaware of the critters shooting / fighting skill and always makes an unskilled roll. Is that feature not available for critters or am I setting it up wrong?

Skellan
August 4th, 2016, 00:48
If you right click just in front of the attack, it should bring up a radial menu > select type > then pick what type of attack it is, e.g melee.

Does that help?

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 00:49
If you right click just in front of the attack, it should bring up a radial menu > select type > then pick what type of attack it is, e.g melee.

Does that help?

Nope :( It is set to Melee by default, I tried re-setting it to melee, still rolls it unskilled.

Skellan
August 4th, 2016, 00:57
Try dragging the fighting skill from the players guide onto the skill section of the npc sheet?

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 01:02
Try dragging the fighting skill from the players guide onto the skill section of the npc sheet?

Tried that, but to clarify this isn't an NPC per se - I am using the Fantasy Toolkit and created a "Bestiary" page - not sure if this is an "NPC" entity or not - just wanted to clarify. I have tried both manually Keying in "Fighting" and dragging Fighting from the SW Deluxe Player Guide Skill List.

Hendell
August 4th, 2016, 01:06
Try this, make the npc in the right side menu and test it. If it works then drag that npc into your book and export the book to test it.
If memory serves built the fallout bestiary like this.

Skellan
August 4th, 2016, 01:07
Oh I see. Are you using deadlands? That ruleset splits up npcs and critters and it might be confusing things. Perhaps try it without the extension first?

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 01:10
That worked! Thank you very much for your help! Is your Fallout Module available someplace?

Hendell
August 4th, 2016, 01:13
somewhere, haven't used it in a bit. Thought about putting something together for the con though.

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 01:24
Interesting
If I access the critter from the critter page, regardless of whether It was made by adding an entry there or on the Encounter page, it doesn't work. The opposite is true as well - if I made a critter on the critter page, drag it to the NPCs page and access the same entity from the NPCs page, It recognizes the Fighting skill.

Hendell
August 4th, 2016, 01:30
odd, well I do know that when building your encounters it always best to take the npc from the book over to the the npc page. Then take it from there to your encounter.

As Skellan said, Are you using the Deadlands ruleset? If not you do not need to have that ext activated and it may cause some problems.

Also, always good to see more savage worlds GM's.

Skellan
August 4th, 2016, 01:30
I think it is just a quirk with the deadlands ruleset. There is a thread somewhere discussing it. The NPCs and critters were split up for the deadlands, but later updates to the sw ruleset messed some things up. I just put everything in the NPC area and leave the critters section blank

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 03:26
Don't have / not using Deadlands

Skellan
August 4th, 2016, 04:53
I am not sure then, sorry. At least it seems like you can get it to work now?

Darq
August 4th, 2016, 05:00
I can yes thank you! Wasn't meaning to besmirch your effort.

dragonheels
November 6th, 2016, 17:13
Is it normal that when I drag a critter from its windows to an encounter, it won't be added. It only works for Humans. Is i a way to do that?

Skellan
November 6th, 2016, 17:19
are you dragging critters from the personalities to the right?

dragonheels
November 6th, 2016, 17:28
I use the Deadlands reloeaded extesion, so there is no 'personalities' tab as in the 'basic' saveworld ruleset. These have been split into critters and humans.

Moon Wizard
November 9th, 2016, 00:29
Just updated DLR extension with a patch from the developer.

Regards,
JPG