PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] Need 5 Players for Intro to FG and D&D 5E Weekly - Lost Mines of Phandelver

wthrasherb
August 3rd, 2016, 06:59
Hey folks! I want to run an Intro to D&D and Fantasy Grounds for new players. You only need the Demo of Fantasy Grounds to play! This game is specifically for people wanting to learn to play D&D for the first time. I have pre-generated characters ready to use and we will be playing rules as written so there's no special home-brew/house rules to bother with. This introduction will not cover creating a new character. I will save that for another time.

I want to get this game to start on August 10th, starting at 5 PM Mountain Daylight Time (GMT -6) and play weekly if possible. The entire adventure should only take a couple of sessions depending on how long we play each session. I typically keep to 4-5 hours of play per session.

If you are interested and you can start tomorrow, please send me a PM on here and I'll provide the details of joining the game. I'll be going to bed soon, so I may not reply until the morning. Thanks in advance!

FG License: Ultimate, players only need Demo
Game System: 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons

Time Zone: Mountain Daylight Time (GMT -6)
Day of week and time: Wednesdays 5 PM
If new game, planned start date: August 10, 2016
Planned Frequency: weekly
Term: short term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 30/70
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 needed
Character starting level & equipment: As per pre-generated character
Character restrictions: Pre-generated characters

Details of your scenario: Introductory classic style D&D adventure

wthrasherb
August 3rd, 2016, 17:46
I'm open to different days and times if need be. My other game is on Saturdays, so not then.

And even though I said this game is for new players, it doesn't HAVE to be JUST for new players as long as you haven't player Lost Mines of Phandelver.

I'm itching to play and have all day free, so if anyone wants to throw a group together today, please message me ASAP!

Thanks!

Mouley
August 3rd, 2016, 21:26
Hi there

I am not new to D&D but have not played Mines as of yet. Would love to join up. Sent you a message. Free for the next 2 days if ya can get something going!

Seya
August 3rd, 2016, 23:02
You should post this on Reddit also lots of people that have never played FG before could have a chance a try it out

Stx11
August 4th, 2016, 04:29
Long-time familiarity with D&D but brand new to both 5e and FG.

I haven't played (or read) Mines yet either ;)

wthrasherb
August 4th, 2016, 04:48
Well, that's two... :)

dndforme
August 4th, 2016, 05:10
Definitely want to finally check out the mines.

Mortis
August 4th, 2016, 06:24
I'm not new persay but I'd love to play, and I can bring an extra person with me.

wthrasherb
August 4th, 2016, 06:25
I'm not new persay but I'd love to play, and I can bring an extra person with me.

Can you shoot me a PM please.

wthrasherb
August 4th, 2016, 06:37
I'm bumping the time up to 5 PM Mountain Daylight Time (GMT -6). I will edit the original post as well so there is no confusion.

RageArmor
August 4th, 2016, 09:05
Darn, i would join. But i already know D&D quite well. To the really new people, count yourself lucky that you didn't have to deal with Thac0. And even luckier that you didn't get so use to it that it actually kind of pissed you off when they got rid of Thac0.

wthrasherb
August 4th, 2016, 09:09
@RageArmor: You don't have to be a new player. Just not have player Lost Mines of Phandelver. It's pretty basic adventure wise, so players already familiar with D&D may not be as entertained. I don't know though. After reading it over, I think it is a fairly decent 1st level adventure.

I may have a group put together. 5 people have responded now I'm just waiting for confirmation. If I don't hear from someone I'll drop you a private message.

RageArmor
August 4th, 2016, 09:16
@RageArmor: You don't have to be a new player. Just not have player Lost Mines of Phandelver. It's pretty basic adventure wise, so players already familiar with D&D may not be as entertained. I don't know though. After reading it over, I think it is a fairly decent 1st level adventure.

I may have a group put together. 5 people have responded now I'm just waiting for confirmation. If I don't hear from someone I'll drop you a private message.

I only know up to Klarg, that is about my knowledge of that particular campaign. But from what i've heard from my friends whom have played it, it is a really great stock campaign for new players, and level 1 adventurers. Also no need to worry about me, i was just posting as a sort of joke, and to possibly try and get new players to eventually expand their thought process by looking at the older models eventually Such as things like Thac0. If you are in need of someone by Wednesday and have no one else lined up then i wouldn't mind joining.

I personally started my Pen & Paper games with White Wolf's Vampire the Masquerade, and D&D 2E. It was fun times. GL to y'all.

damned
August 4th, 2016, 11:51
I think it goes thru to about level 5....

Stx11
August 4th, 2016, 15:25
I think it goes thru to about level 5....

Only goes to level 5?
(Scraps plans to play a character named Nigel)

wthrasherb
August 7th, 2016, 15:33
ok folks, I have 5 players for now, so I'm going to stop taking applications unless another spot opens up.

Thank you for all those who showed interest.

wudrow
August 8th, 2016, 03:25
If a slot opens up, please ping me!

Ramtrap
August 11th, 2016, 02:18
I could likely get you two players, but unfortunately, we couldn't play until later Friday--around 9 pm Friday. If things fall through and this time works, please let me know! If not, good luck!