PDA

View Full Version : PFC #1-29 : The Devil We Know—Part I: Shipyard Rats (CORE)

d1wright
August 1st, 2016, 22:58
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).

When simultaneous kidnappings of Pathfinder and Aspis Consortium agents rock Cassomir's Imperial Naval Shipyards, the Society orders you to join forces with hated Aspis agents to solve the mystery. Can you work together with the enemies of the Society to uncover the source of the kidnappings, or will you perish in the shipyards of Cassomir?

Written by Joshua J. Frost

Here's a link to the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2126).

Note that this is a CORE game and requires CORE characters in order to participate.

JWMK
August 2nd, 2016, 00:51
Interested in jumping in on this one. Having a little FG withdrawal after a few weeks in Africa. Hope Vulgar will fit in being Level 6.

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2016, 01:15
Unfortunately, with the new job. 2pm games are now out for me. :(

cmdisc
August 2nd, 2016, 04:01
With Blackfoot's wrap up of his module on Saturday the 6th, not sure I can make another session that weekend.

Nemori
August 2nd, 2016, 15:06
I would love to play with Corneliu, but sadly I still need Farnaby to fix my chronicle from his game a while ago :(

Samzagas
August 3rd, 2016, 00:34
I'd like to join, but Fridays are out of the question right now

d1wright
August 3rd, 2016, 04:01
Also note that this is not one of the Season 3 games.

JWMK
August 4th, 2016, 22:03
Is this game proceeding? Haven't been confirmed on the calendar and don't see anyone else registered.

d1wright
August 4th, 2016, 22:05
It doesn't look like there are enough folk available for this time slot so I'll cancel for now and reschedule at a later date.

Thanks for checking in.

cmdisc
August 5th, 2016, 03:12
If Blackfoot postpones his game this Saturday, would you be available for a Sunday run on the 7th?

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2016, 03:28
I would probably be able to play in the afternoon on Sunday.

JWMK
August 5th, 2016, 04:06
I can play!

JK

cmdisc
August 5th, 2016, 04:20
I could do a Sunday afternoon as well.

The question would be do I bring a new 1st level build (probably a wizard) or Mortimer (3Rogue/1Wiz) or a pregen to match the subtier (1, 4, or 7)?

What are people looking at bringing along?

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2016, 05:01
I have a few options.. all of which have to be reconstructed... assuming that timeframe is an option.

d1wright
August 6th, 2016, 03:08
I'm unavailable Sunday afternoon.

cmdisc
August 6th, 2016, 04:07
What about next weekend on the 13th or 14th?

JWMK
August 8th, 2016, 09:28
I'm hungry for an FG session, so I will work to make myself available for any timeslot you post.

cmdisc
August 8th, 2016, 20:23
I'm good for this weekend. I just can't do late Sunday EST as that is my anniversary .

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2016, 21:21
I'm getting some flak this weekend... and I don't seem to be able to see the calendar anymore. Is there a plan at this point?

d1wright
August 9th, 2016, 03:55
Sunday looks like the date with a 2PM EST start that I need to lock down with cmdisc as he has some kind of wishy washy social engagement that evening that he says he has to go to.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2016, 04:24
Sunday looks like the date with a 2PM EST start that I need to lock down with cmdisc as he has some kind of wishy washy social engagement that evening that he says he has to go to.I thought you were the one who was unavailable on Sunday. At this point I've arranged something else unfortunately. (assuming we are talking THIS Sunday)

cmdisc
August 9th, 2016, 05:35
Sunday looks like the date with a 2PM EST start that I need to lock down with cmdisc as he has some kind of wishy washy social engagement that evening that he says he has to go to.

Yeah, only taking my wife out to dinner to celebrate 22 years of marriage. That's all. :p

d1wright
August 9th, 2016, 11:54
Calendar is back up for Sunday, 14 August at 2 PM EST. Reminder that this is not part of the Season 3 campaign and open to all new or old CORE characters.

cmdisc
August 9th, 2016, 13:09
If the game is at 2pm EST, then it should be 1pm for me. The calendar is showing 12pm for my local time. Did you change the time or do I have something off somewhere?

JWMK
August 9th, 2016, 19:08
Signed up! I only have a Level 6 character for this, but if that is way out of subtier, I can always play a level 4 pregen, or jump in with a new level 1 (which would probably be a pregen as well). Let me know how things looks as I am flexible.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2016, 21:40
If the game is at 2pm EST, then it should be 1pm for me. The calendar is showing 12pm for my local time. Did you change the time or do I have something off somewhere?It says 2pm for me.

cmdisc
August 9th, 2016, 23:57
Strange. It still says 12pm for me even though I am set to CST (at GMT-6) and DST is set to automatic. But if it is 2pm EST, I'll aim to be there just before 1pm. Dave, I'll PM you my new cell number in case I'm still off somewhere.

I will get Mortimer ready as well as a 1st level Wizard so I'm set for either subtiers.

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2016, 00:49
Hmm.. it says 2pm EDT not EST.

cmdisc
August 11th, 2016, 01:50
Hmm.. it says 2pm EDT not EST.

That's because we're currently in Daylight Saving Time mode, so the East Coast is GMT -4, not -5 when EDT goes away.

Normally I'm in CST which is GMT -6, but it should be -5 currently. My calendar just isn't updating the time correctly for some reason. I have it set to auto, but maybe I'll need to do it manually.

Edit: The calendar is now showing 1pm for the start time here before I adjusted anything. Not sure what changed unless Dave didn't have his account set up right until just recently. Either way, it's good. Now that I'm back in KS, I'll need to get my characters updated.

cmdisc
August 11th, 2016, 05:33
Here's Mortimer if we go with the 3-4 subtier. I'll be posting my 1st level wizard if we go 1-2 (my preference).

Blackfoot
August 12th, 2016, 12:20
Is this going to happen? There are only 2 of you signed up on the calendar. I'm up for it at another time... I'm just hosed this weekend. I have Thursday nights, Friday nights, Saturdays (mostly), Sunday afternoon/evenings (usually).

cmdisc
August 12th, 2016, 19:19
I'm guessing player availability is just low right now during the summer. I haven't seen a number of them very active in July and now August.

If we end up rescheduling this, anything from the 18th to the 24th is iffy for me. I'm good for your Everflame follow-up on the 20th and could probably do something with this on the 21st or 22nd if it was late enough in the evening and I had time to plan.

cmdisc
August 12th, 2016, 19:26
Double post

JWMK
August 13th, 2016, 08:17
Would love to get a session in this weekend if possible but if we don't have the players, I am up for another day/time.

d1wright
August 14th, 2016, 00:12
Aparicon just signed up today as a third on the calendar but hasn't posted anything here. He has a Wizard 6.

I could NPC a cleric (whatever the highest is, 7?) to bring us up to 4 if we don't get another. Is everyone up for Tier 6-7 or should I bring in the cleric 4 for a Tier 3-4?

Remember that you do have Vulgar and I'm pretty sure the NPC cleric has Selective Channeling.

Edit Post: Blah, I accepted Aparicon and then saw that he voted no on our time frame. We can call it tonight if everyone wants or I could let you know in the morning if someone jumps in overnight.

JWMK
August 14th, 2016, 00:33
I'm open tomorrow afternoon regardless - I can remain hopefully someone else comes along, unless you would rather confirm your schedule with something else rather than potential have it squandered. I'm good either way. Thanks for the effort to GM this.

JK

Morkelb
August 14th, 2016, 00:41
I would like to play and am willing to sign up tonight when I get out of my current game. Just let me know what level character I need to create.

cmdisc
August 14th, 2016, 01:15
I would like to play and am willing to sign up tonight when I get out of my current game. Just let me know what level character I need to create.

All Pathfinder Society characters begin at 1st level when created.

Are you familiar with the character creation guidelines for PFS?

cmdisc
August 14th, 2016, 01:20
We can call it tonight if everyone wants or I could let you know in the morning if someone jumps in overnight.

If we get 4+ solid commitments, then go with it. If you have to run an NPC, then might as well wait since there are others interested who just can't make this time.

Morkelb
August 14th, 2016, 03:14
Sorry just got out of my other game, I am going to look up the rules for character creation as we speak. I will have one ready for play just in case tomorrow if not I have one in the wings waiting.

cmdisc
August 14th, 2016, 03:18
Morkelb, keep in mind that this is a PFS CORE game and so only the CRB, Season Guide, and Character Traits web enhancement are used.

If you need more information, you can download the guide here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety

That will have all the information you need in creating characters.

If you're not able to get a character together in time, there are several Pregenerated characters that can be used as well.

d1wright
August 14th, 2016, 03:31
I'm flexible on waiting to see if anyone else is interested but do agree that we don't have to force this one as we know Blackfoot is interested.

Let's see if we can get 4 folks by start time.

Current party mix would be a Tier 3-4.

Morkelb
August 14th, 2016, 04:37
I built him solely out of the CRB, just to be safe. I didn't want to get two crazy / fancy until I learn more of the lingo. However Thorn is made and ready to go.

Morkelb
August 14th, 2016, 17:28
howdy, there seems to be a problem, I was trying to connect to your game and it appears there is a game running with the same alias some how. Also are we using TS for this game? Can not find a mention of it any where.

cmdisc
August 14th, 2016, 18:00
PFS community games on FG use TeamSpeak unless the GM/Players make other arrangements. The Server Name and Password for them are in my signature block.

Make sure that you have your timezone set up correctly on your Profile so that the times shown on the calendar are correct for you. This game is not due to start until 2pm EST.

This assumes it will run at all. We only have 3 people signed up so far and no character XMLs posted at this point.

d1wright
August 14th, 2016, 18:18
Server is now up. I'll go create a Teamspeak channel.

JWMK
August 14th, 2016, 19:09
Hey there - I am a few minutes behind getting on line as was stuck out on the road. Be there soon..

cmdisc
August 15th, 2016, 04:34
One part down. More to go some day. Thanks for running this, Dave. Mortimer was happy to be along with such a famous party of adventurers. :)

d1wright
August 17th, 2016, 03:35
I'll need a PFS Character number to assign the Chronicle for JWMK's pregen. It will have to be either a new character or one that's 3rd or 4th level as that was your pregen level. It doesn't necessarily have to be a CORE character.

If it's a new character, you don't actually need to decide on anything yet or create the character. I just need the number and you can stack up some of these pregen credits to build it up later.

Blackfoot
August 19th, 2016, 23:33
It will have to be either a new character or one that's 3rd or 4th level as that was your pregen level. It doesn't necessarily have to be a CORE character..For a CORE game... the number needs to be either for a level 1 character or a Level 4 (the level of the pregen.. not the tier of the scenario) and must be CORE... it can change to Standard later.. but it has to be CORE when applied to the chronicle.