PDA

View Full Version : LFP: SW - A Keg for Dragon Sun - 5PM GMT

Nemori
August 1st, 2016, 13:28
FG License: Ultimate (you can play my games even with the demo)
Game System: Savage Worlds

Day of week and time: Sundays, 7th August, 5:00 PM GMT
Duration: Single session (4-6 hours long)

Text or Voice: Mostly voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Number of Players: 3-5
Character restrictions: Pregens, if you want a specific character, let me know beforehand.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I'd say 50/50

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2117

Northpoint is a remote village with no particular claim to fame other than its location in the foothills of the Ridgeline Mountains, home to an ancient dwarven kingdom known for its potent whiskey. Our heroes are traveling there to visit an old friend, an acquaintance, or to follow up on some rumor of your choosing when they are drawn into the village's dilemma. The Iron Legion, a vicious tribe of imperialistic orcs, has recently begun to threaten the villagers, and have already cut off most travel along the North Road. Their intent is clear-the conquest of Northpoint. For some reason, the Compact of Clipwing has not been honored, and the dragon that protects the village is nowhere to be seen. The question is, why?

It will be my first time running a Savage Worlds game so things might be a bit rough at times :) Savage Worlds is a fairly simple system, so it shouldn't matter if you're familiar with it or not, beginners are of course welcome.

The game settings is generic fantasy, so we have elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins and the occasional dragon.

So if you are interested in playing, please post here on the forum as well as on the calendar. If you have any questions, ask away.

Here's hoping for a good game.

Jorthain
August 1st, 2016, 16:33
It sounds like a fun one shot (applied on calendar). I'm very open to character type so a pre-gen assignment would be fine by me.

Nemori
August 1st, 2016, 21:00
Hello and welcome aboard :) I have eight pregens taken from this PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/79968, it should be a decent selection I hope.

Skellan
August 3rd, 2016, 22:39
Sadly this clashes with another game I have on Sunday evening.

Have fun though. Nice to see you running SW

Nemori
August 4th, 2016, 10:35
That's a pity. I thought we could at least save some whiskey for you, but I'm afraid the dragon might drink it all. Next time then :)

Kieran Redhead
August 4th, 2016, 13:23
I'd love to join in. I've signed up on the calender and am willing to play anything you give me.

Talyn
August 4th, 2016, 15:13
Tell ya what, I won't sign up on the calendar which would take up space and make someone else think the slot is taken but if you want to put me as a distant alternate that'd be cool. There's probably a 90% chance I won't be able to make it, but if my current plans go awry (and they frequently have been lately) then I'd love to hop in if there's still an empty slot.

Rufus_Stardawg
August 4th, 2016, 20:23
I have not played Savage Worlds, so this might be fun. A pregen is fine by me :)

Nemori
August 5th, 2016, 02:38
Welcome aboard guys, Savage Worlds is fun. As a matter of fact, it is "Fast! Furious! Fun!" :)

It is actually quite interesting as it plays and feels very differently from D20 games - in fact you get to roll almost every other die except for d20 :D You'll see.

Talyn: Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Let's hope you can make it.

Dodgy Caspian
August 6th, 2016, 13:55
I'm keen if there's still a space. Sunday works. Timezone: AEST

Nemori
August 6th, 2016, 15:02
Yes, there's still space left. Please sign up at the calendar (link is in the first post in the thread), you'll be able to find the server information there.

Jorthain
August 6th, 2016, 15:57
Sorry, but I had to drop. Life (work) gets in the way sometimes. I hope it goes well and you all have a good time.

valiantcosmos
August 7th, 2016, 06:17
I'd love to join. I'm a beginner; got interested recently as I tried to help my son learn how to play. Looking forward to seeing how the game is really played. Helping my son, I've played a few of the pregen characters from Lost mine of Phandelver. Willing to play any character.

Lonewolf
August 7th, 2016, 06:29
I am up for this. Player count looks like 2 right now confirmed. With another 2 pending.

Pregen is ok and makes for a easy start if this first time running Savage Worlds. Will be logged into Teamspeak as Lonewolf.
Might cut it fine on joining the table because I am coming straight out of another session. However I will be there on time.

Dodgy Caspian
August 7th, 2016, 13:57
Yes, there's still space left. Please sign up at the calendar (link is in the first post in the thread), you'll be able to find the server information there.

Sorry I didn't realise at first that it would mean a 3am game in AEST. At that time I'd be in no fit state to learn Savage Worlds and be a good party member. Thanks for getting back to me and I hope I can try Savage Worlds in the future.

Nemori
August 7th, 2016, 15:17
Jorthain: No problem, life does that sometimes :)

Dodgy Caspian: Ok. A small tip, the calendar entry converts the time to the timezone you have set on your profile. It's really handy, usually the first thing I check when looking at a LFG posting.

valiantcosmos: Happy to have you on board. The scenario should be quite beginner friendly, so no worries there. Just FYI as you were mentioning the Lost Mine of Phandelver, this is Savage Worlds game, not D&D 5E (just that you are not surprised :)) The rules are a bit different and therefore the game has slightly different flow. But it's still fantasy roleplaying and lots of fun.

Lonewolf: Ok, I'll keep that in mind and we'll wait for you if necessary.

valiantcosmos
August 7th, 2016, 15:52
Hi Nemori,
Thanks for being so welcoming. Didn't realize when I signed up that the game system wasn't D&D 5E so I'm going to drop out. Maybe I'll get a chance to join one of your campaigns another time.