PDA

View Full Version : LF 4 Players, Thur 1800 CST weekly, 5E Curse of Strahd

Weblya
July 30th, 2016, 09:22
This'll be Curse of Strahd, starting with first level characters.

FG License: Ultimate License, players just need to show up.
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: CST
Day of week and time: Thursdays at 1800 CST
Planned start date: August 11th
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Will depend on the group. It's pretty sandboxy, so it's hard to predict the number of sessions until I've run it at least once. Scheduling might creep up as a problem in 2-3 months.

Text or Voice: Both. Text will be used for in-character interaction and RP emotes and dialog. Voice will be used for OOC chatter, clarifying questions, and managing combat. You should be prepared to roleplay in text, though you don't need to be experienced with it if you don't mind a bit of a learning curve. Skype will be used for between session chatter and some coordination, and there will be an Obsidian Portal page to record campaign information for offline use and whatnot. So be prepared for that.

Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: From what I've seen thus far, I would say 60/40. The campaign doesn't have as many combat encounters as some
Number of Players in game & needed: Have four players, maybe 5. Want to add 1 or 2 to go to 6.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, standard equipment packages or rolled starting gold. I'm willing to bend a little if you can convince me that an item is essential to a concept.
Character restrictions: PHB races, variant human included. EE spells and SCAG class options.

Details of scenario: Well, it's Ravenloft, so expect gothic horror in D&D. There's mystery and darkness, but your characters aren't powerless against it. I grouse sometimes as a DM, but I'm usually pretty easy going in play.

I prefer when a player follows a strong story concept, as opposed to a strong mechanical concept. Making a mechanically potent character is fine, but there has to be a strong story behind why your character has taken that mix of feats/multiclassing/background. If when asked about why your fighter took pole arm mastery you answer "because it lets me use my reaction and bonus action to attack each turn!" you're doing it wrong for my game (I'm not trying to be down on that in general, though!). Anyway, hopefully I explained that well enough, but feel free to ask if I need to clarify it more.

I also prefer players have a background written out and know about their character and what makes them tick. I would also appreciate players willing to write up backgrounds for their character on the portal page, and potentially even post semi-regular logs (IC and/or OOC) throughout the campaign.

Hopefully this helps, but ask if you have a question.

Oh, and PM me if you're interested (and got to the end of this), we can chat in Skype beforehand to see if it might be for you. Oh, and you might reply here as well.