PDA

View Full Version : Sunday nights 5e

bukkyo
July 30th, 2016, 04:22
Hello everyone!

The players (and myself) started last Jan with 5e. Many of us have D&D experience and know whats what. This is the third time I have Dm'ed (started in jan 2016) and the players have made it through the lost mines, hoard of the dragon queen and now are balls deep into rise of Tiamat. There are some house rules, but I make it fair and fun. We started with 4 but lost 1 one the way due to real life and job requirements. Our group consists of a paladin, wizard, monk, and a cleric (other three control the cleric and I would be willing to kill him off in order to fit someone new in for the party -- Faerun is a dangerous place and killing off the cleric would be easy to do so please don't feel as though you need to play the cleric, but he is pretty bad *** LOL). For all the folks out there that have no issues with playing characters that try to hurt/kill other members in the party, this is not the place/game for you. I expect my players to work together and be the hero's that I know they all want to be. There is enough evil crap happening all over the world for players to have to worry about other players. I encourage outside the box thinking and reward players for doing so. I use the milestone leveling system, but thinking on changing it after this module. Do you want to be a hero? Do you want to help save the world? Can you show up Sunday nights to be a valid/contributing part of our group? Send me a PM so we can get a conversation started! Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for taking the time to read my post. You know you wanna............"juggles dice"

Bukkyo

FG License: GM has ultimate
Game System:5e
Time Zone: Central Time USA -
Day of week and time:Sunday 6pm-ish central time to around midnight
If new game, planned start date: Jan 22nd
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term group looking for a player who wants to play and will show up. Core group playing for a solid year now
Role-play & Combat mix: It changes depending on the situation and mood of the players - sometimes players just wanna kill stuff (40/60)
Number of Players in game & needed: Have three and need (1 to 2) to fill up our group.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1
Character restrictions: Sky is the limit with my approval
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: We use game vox as a voice chat

bukkyo
July 30th, 2016, 17:23
27 views and no replies!??! Come on folks don't be scared. We are a friendly group of people and willing to teach new players and walk them through the process. If you want any information about where we are in the campaign please feel free to ask ! I am new to using the forums here so I hope I didn't miss anything that is needed/wanted. Would rather not have my players play more than one character, so this means I need you! Come join us ! Come join Kord's Crusaders (the name my group has given themselves cause Kord has been a major influence in their adventures). If anyone has other suggestions on where to find new players please feel free to post it here! Thanks again for your time!

Vhok
July 30th, 2016, 17:40
I was on board till I saw level 9. I've jumped into higher level games before and I just don't enjoy it. I like to level and mentally grow with my guy. If you ever do start over and still need someone shoot me a pm. GL to you in your search. Give it some time your in the right place you'll find someone

bukkyo
July 30th, 2016, 17:51
I would just kill off the party and make them reroll, but did that once already when we added a fourth and I think it wouldn't be fair to the other three who love their characters. I will most certainly keep ya in mind, they may die cause they are coming to a cavern where and adult green dragon resides and they may not survive! Thanks for responding and showing interest!

bukkyo
July 31st, 2016, 01:58
We will be doing many adventures after Rise of Tiamat. I Have every FG 5E module and will be getting them all as they come out. I love the program and as a DM it saves me a lot of time. Don't be shy peoples! Come be a hero! Learn D&D from people whom have been playing for years. Need one for Sundays!!!!! We have a consistent group what else could ya ask for? Level 9 intimidates you? Don't worry we will help ya understand and be patient with you a long the way. We all understand that it takes time to learn this stuff and we are all willing to teach if you are willing to show up. Give us a chance...you will not be disappointed! Next game is this Sunday 7/31. PM me if ya wanna join or hell just wanna listen in and see how we play and do things. Thanks in advance!

Bukkyo

CarlBobo
August 1st, 2016, 00:52
I am interested. Played D&D for some time now. Let me know if there is a spot open.

bukkyo
August 1st, 2016, 18:33
As of right now we found our fill in player. I appreciate all the private messages. Also, just wanna say thanks to the people of FG for putting together this forum to allow us D&D nerds to come together and do what we all love! *fist bump*

Bukkyo

*closed*

bukkyo
September 15th, 2016, 06:28
Lost one for our Sunday night game. For most people, starting at level 12 will be hard, but maybe someone will be willing to join. About half way through the rise of Tiamat and would hate to have my other 3 players go through it with 3 or one person playing two characters. We play Sunday nights around 6pm or 7pm central time till about midnight central time (sometimes longer). We use game vox as our voice chat program. If interested PM me or post here. Some house rules, but mostly by the book. Will also be searching for another (if the lvl 12 doesn't interest you when the players get through *dead or alive* this module) player to fill our last spot as we will be beginning the sword coast adventures or something in the elemental evil module. Looking for one to two more people!

*open*

Benevolent
September 15th, 2016, 08:23
I could be convinced to start a higher level character, if more adventures are in the works at the conclusion of the current one. If you would like to take me up on it, please PM me about it! I don't subscribe to these threads because if people start chatting the e-mail alerts drive me crazy.

If so:
Please tell me how involved setting up game vox is. I've only ever liked Discord so far.
I do not want to play any pre-existing character~
Let me know what the party consists of so I can try to balance my class around it a bit. I have mixed feelings about rolling a cleric at level 12 with no past cleric experience, but I could be convinced if you felt the party super needed one! And they were willing to be a little patient and helpful with my questions.

If not:
No hard feelings! Best of luck!

impureascetic
September 17th, 2016, 15:10
I'm down for whatever. The time works for me. I've been playing D&D since 2nd edition, run two Pathfinder games. Go with the flow of the campaign. Let me know if there's still room.

AncientArchaic
September 18th, 2016, 03:57
If there's still room, I'd love to join, long time player of various systems.

bukkyo
September 18th, 2016, 17:21
Depending on how our new 4th works out I will possibly picking up another player. Anyone who has posted or PM'ed me I will be considering for next weeks game (9/25).

jobfiander
September 25th, 2016, 14:17
Very interested if spaces open up

bukkyo
October 2nd, 2016, 06:13
For now our last spot is taken. After this campaign ends, I may be looking for more. Thank you all for showing interest and I will keep you folks in mind once this is over.

Bukkyo

bukkyo
January 20th, 2017, 04:45
Ok folks, my players have finally finished the tyranny of dragons set and now heading into a new campaign. I am interested in 2 players (making the party 5 total). We play Sunday nights normally we start around 6pm central time to about 11pm (see information in previous posts in this thread). We are actually starting the new campaign on the 22nd (yes in 3 days of this post here) PM if you are interested and we will get in contact. I will be checking for PM's all day tomorrow to see what responses we get. Hope to be rolling dice with ya soon.

Bukkyo

Carlctrl
January 20th, 2017, 06:06
PM sent, looks like a fun game!

Daemini
January 20th, 2017, 15:06
I'll play, I will send a PM.. What do you plan on running next?

bukkyo
January 20th, 2017, 23:37
We are starting a brand new adventure. We will be starting at level one and looking for 2 others to fill up our ranks. I have gotten some PM's and in contact with a few peoples, but seeing who will best fit our party for the long term. We play Sunday nights at 6pm central time to around midnight central time. There are some requirements I expect of my players as I said in the first post. No trying to kill each other, I want players to work together to achieve the parties goals. There is enough bad stuff happening in game for the players to have to worry about other players trying to kill each other off. I do expect for people to role play their characters (will help make the story line better for everyone), but I understand that doing this may be difficult for some to do around new people. We use Game vox as our chat program to play and will be starting and rolling up our new characters on Sunday the 22nd of January 2017. I will not list the campaign we are starting because I feel surprises are fun for everyone! If you think you have what it takes to be a hero and try to save the realm from all forms of dangerous stuff please PM so we can get in contact with each other. Those whom I have been in contact with will and are also being considered to fill the slots needed (just seeing what options are out there to best fit the needs of the party). I want players to play what they feel best suites them and not forced into a role they do not want to play. This sunday will be an open rolling of characters and I will let the players decide what they want to play and what roles they want to undertake. My campaign has been by the book rules with a little home brew to make things better for everyone. Open discussion on all rules is allowed, but everything has its time and place. Look forward to hearing from you all and thanks!

Bukkyo

AncientArchaic
January 22nd, 2017, 01:06
I sent you a pm, I haven't re-entered Forgotten Realms since 5e, but have played a few other games in the system. mostly custom stuff. I've played various editions and other systems over the years. I enjoy the game and can make a character, have a few ideas that come to mind.

bukkyo
January 22nd, 2017, 18:30
Recruitment for out last spot has been filled! Thanks to all you wonderful people for showing interest!

Zanself
January 22nd, 2017, 23:18
I feel sorry for those of you who joined this campaign. The DM has no class and spreads misinformation about you if he feels like it. Tells you to your face that you are perfect for the group and then lies to the members about an incident you shared with him. When called out on it, does not have the decency to admit he lied. I hope you have a different experience with him, but as for me, I know I chose best not to proceed with this guy.

bukkyo
January 22nd, 2017, 23:38
I am glad our party made the choice to not let you join us. You true colors have shown through. It is completely ok if you feel this way, but we will be moving on with the rest of the people who want to be apart of a team and not a distraction. Drama queens will never be allowed in any one of my games and I am sure many here will feel the same. I placed you on ignore knowing that the 5 replies (in PM) saying politely that you are not going to be a good fit (after taking a vote within our core players) didn't sink in properly. You now come here on the thread I created, to get players who want to join a fun game that has been going on for over a year, to try to disrupt more things. /smh some people need to learn what no means and we chose to say no to you. Be a man and move on. As for this thread as a whole. We have found our 5th and will be continuing on a awesome campaign that will run for a long as I and other are willing to take it. I would like to thanks fantasy grounds once again in putting together a means for a awesome community to come together, roll some dice, and have a good time. I am glad to be a part of that. much love and respect

Bukkyo

Zanself
January 22nd, 2017, 23:40
You wrote me and said that you wished I would die in a fire....

damned
January 23rd, 2017, 00:29
Guys - drop it.
If you want to have a private conversation take it private.
Zanself - sometimes things dont work as expected. Mark experience and move forward.
bukkyo - sometimes things dont work as expected. Mark experience and move forward.

AncientArchaic
January 24th, 2017, 19:14
I have a thought about voice chat applications: Discord vs Gamevox; Here I guess I am biased as I have been using discord for little over a year and a half, it is also a free application with very dedicated developers that push updates as needed, patch fix and remain active on their project. They have even sent out warnings against hackers/scammers and don't tolerate such actions, taking their treatment of such a user very seriously. I actually have a server set up there (though setting one up yourself is free and simple.) There are quite a few bots you can search through on their main page and apply or invite to your server, including dice rollers though obviously we can use FG for the majority of that. Other bots can create join notices so on and so forth. If the collective whole isn't interested that's fine, thought i'd throw it out there.

AccessDenied
January 24th, 2017, 19:38
Hey there,

I was wondering if you're still looking for players. I have been REALLY struggling to get started in D&D, due to schedule conflicts and fail group after fail group. Some buddies of mine told me about Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 to look for groups. After this last weekend when my "group" didn't show up again for a month straight now. It's time to move on. Weekend work perfect for me and I'd be willing to buy Fantasy Grounds if I can find a solid / longterm group of mature players who focus on the game over just "hanging out". If you accept new players and someone new to fantasy grounds, I would like to join up and hopefully find the group I've been looking for to actually play D&D.

bukkyo
January 25th, 2017, 01:23
If it works and is safer for everyone i am completely ok with it.

AncientArchaic
January 29th, 2017, 00:58
~edited~

C8kiemonstr
January 29th, 2017, 18:50
Hey Buk,
I DMed you, hope to hear back from you! I am very excited to play

C8kiemonstr
January 29th, 2017, 18:51
Hey Access, if you do but FG watch ALL of the tutorials on youtube. There's a learning curve. But it's so very beyond worth it!

AncientArchaic
February 5th, 2017, 23:15
Thought I heard one of y'all say there's no game today correct? Just making sure. Feb 5
So did we want to try and figure out the chat app stuff before game today?

bukkyo
February 12th, 2017, 20:25
Nope just going to continue using game vox

bukkyo
February 12th, 2017, 23:52
actually going to be using mumble so make sure you download it please will be switching to this chat program from now on.

AncientArchaic
February 21st, 2017, 08:02
hey can one of our players pm me about creating effects? Supposed to be in a one off tomorrow and am running into a bulkhead in trying to get people to explain things for me

damned
February 21st, 2017, 08:38
hey can one of our players pm me about creating effects? Supposed to be in a one off tomorrow and am running into a bulkhead in trying to get people to explain things for me

Small tip - use modifiers if you are struggling with Effects. If your players want to use Effects - encourage them to learn how they work :)

bukkyo
February 24th, 2017, 06:49
Most of the players don't even check this forum and every once in a while I check this. This thread is used for recruitment purposes only if we are down a man/woman. Asking questions like this are best suited for a conversation to be had on Sundays right before we start. Also I know there is a pdf of all what FG can do I suggest reading that to find your answers if you require them before Sunday.

AncientArchaic
March 14th, 2017, 14:17
Hey change of plans I may not be back before then, promised i'd let y'all know if something changed. See you a couple sundays out.

Tobimarsh
March 20th, 2017, 00:10
Interested in playing if you guys are ever in need of another player

AncientArchaic
March 22nd, 2017, 17:27
peace.