PDA

View Full Version : Little Sewer behind the spider cove

st4lk3r87
July 29th, 2016, 13:30
This is a map I created for the campaign i'm mastering atm. Hope you will like it.

NotRussellCrowe
July 29th, 2016, 13:39
That's really awesome, looks great! You could totally use that in a Ninja Turtles game too!

What software did you use to create that?

st4lk3r87
July 29th, 2016, 14:02
You could totally use that in a Ninja Turtles game too!
Lol, I didn't think about it but yeah! That's true!

I used Photoshop. I tried several tools to create map for my d&d campaign but in the end I always stepped back to Photoshop. Imo it give you more freedom.

NotRussellCrowe
July 29th, 2016, 14:08
How do you do all the textures and objects in Photoshop? Do you create those all by hand? It's been a while since I used Photoshop but I do not recall it having crates and cobblestone street textures built in. :)

st4lk3r87
July 29th, 2016, 16:00
I used Photoshop but I do not recall it having crates and cobblestone street textures built in
In fact it doesn't.

You can play a lot with patterns. The crates, table, stools, weaponrack are done by hand. I'm not a graphics artist but I think you can get a good result after some tests.
The stairs ( which actually I don't like that much ) are ripped from another image and I played a bit with some filter.

I wonder if there are special plugins for photoshop to create maps like this without starting from scratch.

NotRussellCrowe
July 29th, 2016, 16:04
Very good for being done by hand from scratch!!

st4lk3r87
July 29th, 2016, 16:06
Many thanks, I think I will continue to post all my work so they can be reused :)

Trenloe
July 29th, 2016, 16:13
Very nice map!

Many thanks, I think I will continue to post all my work so they can be reused :)
That would be fantastic - thank you. :)

damned
July 30th, 2016, 01:54
Nice job - youve captured the sewer water really nicely too!

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2016, 02:19
I think Photoshop calls them brushes. I learned that on the www.cartograpbersguild.com. but I don't use PS so I can't say much more.

Milke
August 6th, 2016, 17:19
That map is fantastic. Amazing that you did it all with Photoshop. I am a terrible artist. But I make my maps (when I have to make them) with Dungeon Painter, then I edit those maps in Photoshop.

Moepsii
August 15th, 2016, 14:53
This looks good, great job. If you want to learn more about making maps in photoshop i found a great tutorial series that might help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDQKnb6c-7Q (its not me but this guy deserves the publicity imho)

st4lk3r87
August 15th, 2016, 15:43
Thank you a lot. Actually that's my best work, usually the others are not so good. Thank you for the link, it looks very interesting.