PDA

View Full Version : "Layer in" an additional character sheet tab?

cas206
July 29th, 2016, 05:03
I want to add a "combat" tab to the four default tabs defined by CoreRPG on the character sheet. I can't seem to hit on the right syntax to make this happen.

<windowclass name="charsheet" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<tabs_charsheet merge="???">
<tab merge="???">
<icon>tab_combat</icon>
<subwindow>combat</subwindow>
</tab>
</tabs_charsheet>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2016, 05:10
Usually, I just override the tabs_charsheet template, instead of trying to merge.

Currently, you won't be able to merge, because you can only merge controls that have a "name" attribute, which the CoreRPG version does not have.

Regards,
JPG

damned
July 29th, 2016, 05:13
Savage Worlds does a merge of some sort but every other ruleset does the replace....

cas206
July 29th, 2016, 05:31
Usually, I just override the tabs_charsheet template, instead of trying to merge.

Currently, you won't be able to merge, because you can only merge controls that have a "name" attribute, which the CoreRPG version does not have.

Regards,
JPG

Ok, I won't feel defeated then. I got a replace to work just fine. However, I was trying to practice using layering as much as possible in order to better understand it. But trying to reason through layering a template which extending another template was making my head spin.

cas206
July 29th, 2016, 05:33
Savage Worlds does a merge of some sort but every other ruleset does the replace....

Hmm...I'll have to take a look. I've been looking at the 3.5E and 5E rulesets for inspiration.

damned
July 29th, 2016, 06:31
I would not use the Savage Worlds as your example in this one.... Savage Worlds is different to pretty much every other ruleset. I would stick to Moon Wizards way for this.
Some things are merged but many are replaced. The only time this would matter is if two extensions tried to replace the Tabs.
Stick with 3.5e and 5e as they are the best reference rulesets.