PDA

View Full Version : I've been having trouble with the mouse disappearing on macs.

Fudly
July 29th, 2016, 05:03
When I first launch Fantasy Grounds on my MacBook pro, it works like garbage. The mouse pointer disappears every 30 seconds, and it takes 5ish seconds of rapidly moving the pointer for it to reappear. It also suffers from the mouse pointer clicking with an offset, so you're clicking 10 pixels below where you expect. It, of course, does this randomly, so you can't adjust to the offset.

In any case, I've been experimenting with it, and simply restarting Fantasy Grounds seems to fix it. I don't know if the problem reappears eventually, but it's something.

Does anyone know a better solution for this? I've already tried installing it from steam/winery.

HoratioDrank
July 29th, 2016, 15:02
If you have access to Parallels, which, unfortunately, also requires a Windows license, I recommend it. I can run Fantasy Grounds through the VM in Parallel's coherence mode, which basically makes it look and act like a native OS X app. When I first installed Fantasy Grounds in a Wine wrapper through Steam's automated process, I had all kinds of little niggling troubles like mouse issues, periodic lagginess, etc. When I reinstalled FG on a Window VM through Parallels, things were really smooth.