PDA

View Full Version : Custom Lists?

Khornishman
July 28th, 2016, 03:59
My game, Hackmaster 5E, is (currently) not supported by FG, which is a rather unfortunate state of affairs. I really cannot run a game through FG, however I am using the program as database, and hope to bring that as a tabletop aid in the near future.

The very handy addition of custom tables is proving to be a useful tool...even as I type up a large number of tables by hand.

However, what I would really like to see is the inclusion of custom lists, very much like the ones we see for weapon lists in the rulesets, complete with drag and drop functionality.

Now, I am not at all gifted at scripting, xml, Lua, nor do I have a basis of understanding these...it is just not my skill set...so creating my own ruleset to include the lists I need is precluded.

Would it be possible for a not-too-distance version of FG to include creating such custom lists?

I am doing a sort of work around, in that I create a table and blank out all of the boxes for the die values, but this is not at all ideal and does not have any of the convenient functionalities that I need.

As it is, I am showing off FG to my players during tomorrow's session.

Cheers!

damned
July 28th, 2016, 04:56
My game, Hackmaster 5E, is (currently) not supported by FG, which is a rather unfortunate state of affairs. I really cannot run a game through FG, however I am using the program as database, and hope to bring that as a tabletop aid in the near future.

The very handy addition of custom tables is proving to be a useful tool...even as I type up a large number of tables by hand.

However, what I would really like to see is the inclusion of custom lists, very much like the ones we see for weapon lists in the rulesets, complete with drag and drop functionality.

Now, I am not at all gifted at scripting, xml, Lua, nor do I have a basis of understanding these...it is just not my skill set...so creating my own ruleset to include the lists I need is precluded.

Would it be possible for a not-too-distance version of FG to include creating such custom lists?

I am doing a sort of work around, in that I create a table and blank out all of the boxes for the die values, but this is not at all ideal and does not have any of the convenient functionalities that I need.

As it is, I am showing off FG to my players during tomorrow's session.

Cheers!

As soon as 3.2.0 comes out I will put out the MoreCore ruleset which will do some of what you want I think...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/more-core-sample2.jpg

and an alt skin
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/more-core-sample1.jpg

Khornishman
July 28th, 2016, 05:17
I look forward to seeing what you have done...and I do hope you're able to bring at least a portion of what I am looking for.