PDA

View Full Version : Syrinscape: Awesome but Need Help Fine-Tuning

ShadeRaven
July 25th, 2016, 23:59
Syrinscape is really very good and I'd love to incorporate it, but the quality that the players are getting on the other end is not up to par. Normally, we run our games with Dolby Axon as the VOIP but this has not gone so well. Distortion, cut outs, issues with my voice activation over the line, etc., have left me looking for better solutions.

So for those who've applied this wonderful application (I use the extension with Syrinscape Fantasy, Voicemeeter, and VM - Virtual Cable), I am hoping to garner some advice. Would using a free version of TeamSpeak be powerful enough or would sharing the bandwidth still be an issue. That small fee to have a hosted TeamSpeak, is that the solution? Skype? Tweaking Axon?

I'd love to add some mood (more than sound effects) to the campaigns we run, and don't mind taking a little more effort to get there. In fact, Syrinscape looks to be worth paying for if we can iron out these wrinkles. Just hoping someone who has it working smoothly can help me (us) get there ourselves.

Thanks in advance!
SR

dulux-oz
July 26th, 2016, 02:51
I currently use Syrinscape with Teamspeak (the free FG-dedicated Teamspeak Server - so it doesn't cost me anything). That's the way I wrote the FG-Wiki Article on using Syrinscape with Teamspeak and that's the way I tested the DOE: Sound Extension. I've never had any problems with that particular setup.

The other option is that with the new version of the DOE: Sound Extension you won't need to use VoIP (you can, but you won't need to) - provided the Players have copies of Syrinscape. I've posted an updated FG-Wiki Page on the new (soon to be released) version of the DOE: Sound Extension, so you can have a read of that to get an idea - the new version is slated for release right after FGv3.2 is released - so you will have to be patient for a little while.

So check mout those two Wiki pages and see how you go :)

Cheers

LordEntrails
July 26th, 2016, 03:05
Here's the info on the community TS server https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Gwydion
July 26th, 2016, 04:19
I use syrinscape through the FG channel on teamspeak with the virtual audio cable as per Dulux-Oz's instructions and the players love it. I haven't received any complaints about distortion, cutouts, etc.. They always comment on how the sounds help immerse them in the game.

HoratioDrank
July 26th, 2016, 05:14
I recently started using Syrinscape via VB-Cable with TeamSpeak. I had no trouble with the set up, the instructions were straightforward and everything went smoothly. My issue is that there are such vast volume differences between the various Syrinscape audio tracks. Sometimes I have to have the volume on the Syrinscape player cranked way up to even hear a given sound scheme, but at that same volume a different sound scheme will blast your brains out through your nose.

damned
July 26th, 2016, 05:42
the Community FG teamspeak server is on a 400mbps connection - it has ample bandwidth for your needs... :)

ShadeRaven
July 26th, 2016, 06:46
I tried to use the innate Syrinscape for FG but it suffered some of the same problems we had piping it through Axon.

Honestly, I was under the impression that the FG Teamspeak server was for FG-Con events and perhaps various "approved" campaigns. Again, I don't mind tossing $30 for a 32 channel yearly sub to TS3, but certainly am okay if there's a free server out there with the capability of hosting our games without any added effort.

damned
July 26th, 2016, 08:43
Hi ShadeRaven you are free to use the community teamspeak server all year round - even during Cons - for your own games. Spend your $30 on something more fun :)

The Rouse
August 30th, 2016, 04:49
Hi guys,

I am running Syrinscape through TS, using Oz's wiki (thank you again for that!), but my players stated it sounds like its coming through a tube. Will using the VLC instead of VB-cable help with this?

What about using Voicemeeter?

My players like it, but I'd like it to be clearer for them. I like using the sound affects to get their attention and if it's distorted, its hard to do.

Thanks in advance!

Trenloe
August 30th, 2016, 04:52
I am running Syrinscape through TS, using Oz's wiki (thank you again for that!), but my players stated it sounds like its coming through a tube. Will using the VLC instead of VB-cable help with this?

What about using Voicemeeter?
Some people have mentioned that using a virtual cable/mixer has caused issues. You could try another app to see if that is better. You can also increase the quality on the team speak channel you're using. If that makes it a little bit better, but still not great, drop me a PM and we can do some testing with giving you access to the music codec in team speak.

damned
August 30th, 2016, 05:04
Trenloe - you will need to have him make a channel himself so he is priority speaker and then make it permanent and then apply Music....