PDA

View Full Version : Connection issues

Redwolffield
July 25th, 2016, 14:08
Good day.
Long, I usually connect the FG to MIFI system.
But since little over a month ago, and without warning, I can not connect by this method.
I checked ports, IPs, connections, and several Mifis and does not work in either.
Have there been any changes in the navigation to prevent using the MIFI system?

damned
July 25th, 2016, 14:16
I think its probably the other way - the MiFi service from your provider has possibly changed...

Redwolffield
July 25th, 2016, 14:32
that was my first idea, but it does not work with any MIFI of any supplier.
(I tested with two different internet companies)
in fact, the Internet company said it was possibly some kind of problem in the upgrade program.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2016, 15:09
Please clarify - what is your issue here? Are you unable to run the Fantasy Grounds update application? Are you a player trying to join a game but can't? Are you a GM trying to host a game?

Please provide more information, including error messages etc.. Thanks.

Redwolffield
July 25th, 2016, 16:43
Only when try host a game how GM.
When run the program how player o uploading donīt have any problem,
the error. My players canīt conect and the run test is failure.
The basic is checked. Firmware, antivirus, ports 1802, all is OK, when i connect in a connection wifi standard, i don't have any problem for run FG how GM.
But, if connect with a connection MIFI i canīt.
The first time I thought that a problem of Mifi or company concerned. but after trying with another mifi and another company i adopts the possibility of any change in any update

Trenloe
July 25th, 2016, 16:53
There's been no change in FG to effect this - Fantasy Grounds simply listens on port 1802 for connections - as long as your network allows port 1802 through to your instance of FG, and you can provide your players with a routable IP address that forwards port 1802 communications to FG on your computer then you should be OK.

Do you have port forwarding available on your MiFi router setup? Have you checked that this is setup for port 1802 to forward to the internal IP address of the computer that is running Fantasy Grounds? Does your MiFi connection provide a routable Internet IP address that you provide your players with to connect?

Some MiFi providers won't allow direct access to ports and port forwarding, you usually have to use a VPN solution such as Hamachi - some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi

Redwolffield
July 25th, 2016, 17:05
Lol, i buy the fg in 2013, and the first problem is in 2016 :p
Joking apart, i try hamachi to see if I have better luck,
Thanks for the help

damned
July 25th, 2016, 21:32
Hi Redwolffield Ive seen others post that their MiFi no longer worked at various stages. I do think its something the carrier(s) have changed as the networking engine in FG hasnt changed - lots of other things have but not the networking engine. As IPv4 space becomes more scarce providers are changing where and how they allocate real addresses.