PDA

View Full Version : Adding images to items

Craftzero
July 25th, 2016, 13:59
I noticed that the PHB and DMG have pictures/artwork associated with the various items. I have two questions on that:

1) How can I do that with my own item? I assume I have to store the images on a folder, but where and what is the format? (and it's "insert link", right?)

2) You have to click on the red dragon to see the image - any way to have it automatically appear for a particular item, along with the text?

Thank you!

Andraax
July 25th, 2016, 14:32
Add the image file (PNG or JPG) to your "images" directory, then drag the link from the "Maps and Images" window into the description for the item.

Craftzero
July 25th, 2016, 14:41
Add the image file (PNG or JPG) to your "images" directory, then drag the link from the "Maps and Images" window into the description for the item.

Wonderfully easy! Thank you.

Do you know if there is a method to "autoshow" the image when the item is clicked on, rather than requiring another click?

Andraax
July 25th, 2016, 14:45
Not that I know of.

Craftzero
July 25th, 2016, 14:58
I think there must be a way. Take a look at this screenshot from the Thule campaign. There's an image right there in the text - that's what I'm looking for (and if it's not an 'item', but perhaps a trait or something else - that's fine, I'm just looking for how to do it!).

Trenloe
July 25th, 2016, 15:11
I think there must be a way. Take a look at this screenshot from the Thule campaign. There's an image right there in the text...
This is for a library page, not for an item entry. You can't do this within an item entry.

Craftzero
July 25th, 2016, 15:18
This is for a library page, not for an item entry. You can't do this within an item entry.

Still should work for what I want, actually. Can you point me in the direction of 'how to build a library'?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2016, 15:20
Can you point me in the direction of 'how to build a library'?
Use Par5e: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27297-Par5e

However, this doesn't support the new inline image functionality. That will have to be manually added into the module XML once you've generated the module. I don't know the exact syntax off the top of my head, perhaps someone who does will chime in. In the meantime you can start to get up to speed with Par5e! :)

Nickademus
July 25th, 2016, 20:04
What's the likelihood of getting an empty, gutted 5e module that has the syntax for these things?

rob2e
July 26th, 2016, 04:16
What's the likelihood of getting an empty, gutted 5e module that has the syntax for these things?

Yes, highly interested in the answer to this. Imagine the community's output if THAT were available.

damned
July 26th, 2016, 05:44
Hahaha - secrets! Im not sure this functionality will be released...

Nickademus
July 26th, 2016, 12:33
Most of the 5e people seem to use Par5e to avoid having to deal with the xml, not because they don't have the xml. You could use Par5e to input one of every type of asset, then gut the resulting mod file (which I plan to do at some point). But it sounds like the version of Par5e that Smite Works uses can do things that our version cannot. It would be nice to have an xml file that has the finished product of these things, but I imagine we are not allowed to have them any more than we are allowed to have the full version of Par5e. So only SW modules get to do the best stuff apparently. (Which seems counterproductive now that normal users can start selling 'official' FG modules on the DMsG.)