PDA

View Full Version : Adding Arcane Powers

Darq
July 25th, 2016, 06:14
Did some searching, found a references to a SW Fantasy Companion Arcane Backgrounds_v0.1_build1, which I downloaded, but it appears to be for a prior version of the SW dataset and doesn't work.

Does anyone have another solution?

Skellan
July 25th, 2016, 11:40
I am not sure what you are asking?
Do you want to add your own powers? If so, you can do this with the library enhancement extension. Alternatively, the Fantasy companion is available in the fg store

Darq
July 25th, 2016, 13:49
I am not sure what you are asking?
Do you want to add your own powers? If so, you can do this with the library enhancement extension. Alternatively, the Fantasy companion is available in the fg store
Sorry no. I am trying to enter a new arcane type like Magic, Miracles, Psionics, Super Powers, and Weird Science. The Low Life setting has eight new types of arcane powers. I can add the Edge and Powers, but I need to populate the Arcane Type drop down. Is there any other impact to Arcane Type selection?

Mask_of_winter
July 25th, 2016, 14:11
Look at the lua files in the Fantasy Companion extension. Change the names. That's what I did for Beasts & Barbarians.
launcher.lua

-- register arcane backgrounds
ArcanePropertyManager.registerArcaneConfig("Alchemy", "indicator_alchemy", "power_science", {skill = "Alchemy", powerpoints = "main"})
ArcanePropertyManager.registerArcaneConfig("Sorcery", "indicator_sorcery", "power_faith", {skill = "Spellweaving", powerpoints = "main"})
ArcanePropertyManager.registerArcaneConfig("Ritual Magic", "indicator_ritual", "power_magic", {skill = "Ritualism", powerpoints = "main"})

Darq
July 25th, 2016, 14:31
Genius - this looks like what I am looking for - Two questions: Where can I find the .LUA file? I don't see it in any of the Fatntasy Grounds Appdata folders and what is the significance of powerpoints = "main"?

Skellan
July 25th, 2016, 17:11
The Lua file is in the fantasy companion extension. Not sure what powerpoints=main does but if you just change the names of the AB's you want then it should work :)

Darq
July 25th, 2016, 18:58
The Lua file is in the fantasy companion extension. Not sure what powerpoints=main does but if you just change the names of the AB's you want then it should work :)

Am I correct that if I change the Fantasy Companion LUA that will impact all my modules that use it? Can I do a save as with a different name and make a new one? Thank you all for your help. I will be investigating creating settings, so if the WIKI has it, hopefully I will find out how to do this!

Skellan
July 25th, 2016, 19:34
Yeah, rename the extension and make a copy elsewhere. Or create a new extension from it :)

Darq
July 28th, 2016, 06:40
Ok First off apologize for my denseness, but I can't find this code.I purchased and installed the Fantasy Companion, but it didn't include an extension - just a Module.

Darq
July 28th, 2016, 06:50
And I just found it sorry...

Skellan
July 28th, 2016, 07:27
Everyone does that :)

Talyn
July 28th, 2016, 13:41
That's what I did for Beasts & Barbarians.

You're doing B&B?! ::excited schoolgirl clap::

Mask_of_winter
July 28th, 2016, 13:51
You're doing B&B?! ::excited schoolgirl clap::
It's only for personal use right now. Not in any shape for a professional release at this point unfortunately.

Talyn
July 28th, 2016, 13:56

Huh. Until this post I had never even noticed that there was a Fantasy Companion Extension. Whoops? LOL

Ikael
July 28th, 2016, 14:45

powerpoints=main defines the regular use of power points ie. power point pool from where all powers draw points from. Alternative type was used for Weird Science where each power has own pool. In most cases you want to use main type.

See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26363-Savage-Worlds-API&highlight=Savage+worlds+API for more

Ikael
July 28th, 2016, 14:47
Huh. Until this post I had never even noticed that there was a Fantasy Companion Extension. Whoops? LOL

Fantasy Companion extension provides new Arcane Backgrounds to sheet UI. The extension can be found from the forums as well but was included to the Fantasy Companion product to make sure you get it easily if you buy the product.

Darq
July 28th, 2016, 15:47
and I have successfully edited my Arcane Magic Types Drop down! Thank you all for your help!!

Darq
July 28th, 2016, 15:49
powerpoints=main defines the regular use of power points ie. power point pool from where all powers draw points from. Alternative type was used for Weird Science where each power has own pool. In most cases you want to use main type.

See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26363-Savage-Worlds-API&highlight=Savage+worlds+API for more

This is genius! Thank you!

Talyn
July 28th, 2016, 18:10
The extension can be found from the forums as well but was included to the Fantasy Companion product to make sure you get it easily if you buy the product.

Yep, I have it. Just never actually noticed it was there until now. :p

Talyn
July 30th, 2016, 01:51
Thanks Ikael for that API post. That should be stickied somewhere, I'd never seen it before. Don't suppose there's one for the custom SW window types is there? (I think I've mostly got a handle now on what they all do but still...)